“Above and Beyond!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport

You added HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport to your Saves list
HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10962 Chapel Hill Road, Morrisville, NC 27560 (Formerly Hotel Sierra Raleigh Durham Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
50% off 3rd Night
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Above and Beyond!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

During a recent business trip, I fell ill and was unable to travel out of RDU for several days. Not only was the hotel impeccably clean and well appointed, but the staff was outstanding. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping to the shuttle driver took a genuine interest in my well-being a made for a very pleasant stay in spite of my situation. These guys walk the talk!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm so sorry to read you fell ill while visiting the Raleigh Durham area, but am pleased to know the staff at Hotel Sierra were attentive and helpful during your stay. Were glad you had a pleasant stay overall and welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Mark Latu, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

As you can see, I wrote the one bad review below and thought about trying to redact it ... everything that I wrote was true, and it was an awful first night for what I thought would be a 2-3 month stay. I didn't redact it due to the thoughtful and completely honest response from the manager that's also in the review.

What I can say is that I ended up staying for a few more weeks after going out and finding a permanent place ... and I now can say I would have been perfectly happy staying at the Hotel Sierra.

I ended up staying for five weeks. This has to be among the best hotel stays that I've had.

The rooms? Think Pottery Barn/West Elm. Nicely decorated and plenty of space. Kitchen was terrific; bedding was super terrific. It still looks completely brand new.

The service? Terrific. Every small request (after that first night was met). I had my mail temporarily forwarded to the hotel, as I wasn't returning home often -- a nice touch would have been to call when I received mail. Instead, I came back and always found the mail delivered to my *desk*.

The common spaces? Beautiful. Think Kimpton or W hotels -- stylish, functional, fun. Business center was terrific and you never wait for a computer. The breakfast buffet beats any that you'll find in a hotel, paid or complementary. Pool table, gym (though small), pool (though small) were terrific.

Restaurant? Great ... very fun most nights. EJ was an incredible bartender and became a friend. The menu is a bit limited and its disappointing that they're closed on Sundays, as there is very little else around the hotel.

But if the only complaint is that the bar menu is limited (but still damn good), I count that as a great, extremely well-run operation. I'm now REALLY nit-picking, but the 24-hr market only has non-healthy options.

But, seriously, if you're looking for a top-notch place to stay near RDU, Hotel Sierra should be at the top of your list -- for mine, its even ahead of the Umstead (Raleigh/Cary's 5-star hotel).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for taking the chance and trying our hotel again and for the great comments regarding the décor of the hotel, amenities offered and customer service. Our staff strives to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience and it sounds like they succeeded. We are so glad you gave us another opportunity to show you the type of service and experience Hotel Sierra is known for. Thank you for sharing your experiences, good and bad, and we hope you will let us be of service should you have the need for a hotel in the Raleigh Durham area again.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

This really is a great hotel. When we arrive, we actually received the wrong room and the front desk immediately changed our room and upgraded us without any problems. The hotel is clean, staff is friendly, rooms are modern and brand new, breakfast has options, and all around wonderful stay. If we come back to the area, we are staying at this hotel every time. I even tried to book at another location with this hotel chain and couldn't find a room - and now I know why.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so glad you had an amazing stay with us. Thank you for the nice compliments regarding the staff, cleanliness and amenities offered. We look forward to seeing you again in the Raleigh Durham area or at one of our other locations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

The Hotel Sierra is a fantastic new hotel in Raleigh Durham Airport Area.
It is a privately owned and operated hotel which belongs to the Stash Awards Group. The staff was helpful and the breakfast buffet, which is included in the rate, was top notch! There is even a bar and restaurant in the lobby which served fantastic sandwiches and wings!!!!
As and admittedly fussy hotel client I was pleased with the entire package offered at The Hotel Sierra! After having stayed at 2 other very good hotels in the area I decided to try this one and convinced a group of four others to do so . We were all were thrilled with the choice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay at Hotel Sierra. It is so great to know the hotel exceeded your expectations and we look forward to seeing you for your future stays in the Raleigh Durham area.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010 via mobile

This was a great hotel. We were in town from Boston off s few days and enjoyed our stay immensely. The room wad great. Spacious and clean. We stay at all suite hotels all the time since we have 3 kids. This one was not only perfect for us, but also very affordable. The pool us great. Small but nit many people at it so it was great for me to keep an eye on my girls. Breakfast was delicious. Hubby and I enjoyed the pool table and bar. Everyone was so helpful and gracious. Truly a pleasure to stay here. Looking forward to staying again for a might on our way back through NC in a few days.

• Stayed October 2010
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so pleased to read that Hotel Sierra was the perfect place for your family to stay while in the Raleigh Durham area. Thank you for the great compliments about the staff and amenities offered. We look forward to seeing you on your way back through North Carolina.

Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

This hotel was very impressive. We were in town for a baby shower with our children and even though there was softball team staying there, we didn't feel that they were in the way or too noisy. The breakfast was very good - made-to-order omelets, scrambled eggs/sausage/breakfast potatoes, cereals, bagels, muffins...paired with OJ and Starbucks coffee/Tazo tea - best of all, it was included in the room rate.

The room was great, it was a king w/ sleeper sofa, full size refrigerator, 2 burner stove, microwave and dishes were even included. The bathroom was a good size and the TV was a big, flat tv that swivel so that you could watch in bed or on the couch.

The business center had 4 stations near the lobby and the pool that went up to 5 feet ws nice, with music playing and towels conveniently located poolside.

This hotel will definitely be a place that we will go to again! Great value!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to hear that the hotel room was clean, had all the amenities you needed, and was nicely laid out. With several sports groups in the hotel I'm also glad to hear the hotel was quiet and your stay was enjoyable. Thank you for choosing Hotel Sierra and we can't wait until you stay with us again.

Mark Latu
Tampa, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

I stayed here for the first time in May 2010, and was impressed ... very nice extended stay hotel with some nice amenities. I'm moving to Raleigh, so decided to come back in July 2010 for a bit of an extended stay (around 40 days) until I could find a place to live permanently with a new job.

What a mistake.

It's my first night here. Started out great. Nice greeting, nice room, etc. But a big group of some pre-teens and teens with chaperones are also here for *two weeks* -- all on my hall, and screaming like crazy throughout the night all through the hall, to the point where I had an altercation with one of the chaperones who was completely drunk. Have called downstairs a couple of times, and they've ignored any responsibility ("it's a large group and they're here for a week" has been the response twice).

Check my other reviews -- have NEVER had responses like this. Again, so disappointing. Was planning to stay here for quite some time, but the responses from Doug (the "night manager") and the others has been just ridiculous. Nice looking hotel ... awful, awful management.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
I wish to take this moment to apologize not only for the interruptions during your stay, but for the poor responses from our team. I will admit we were not properly prepared for the attention this group would require, thus we could not accommodate other guest requests and needs. There is no excuse for this and I accept full responsibility as General Manager. I apologize for letting you down.
While I cannot change what has already happened, I would like to think we have changes in place so this will not occur in this hotel again. This was a difficult learning experience for our team, but one we will not soon forget!
If it is possible, I ask you to recall your first visit with us in May. The impression you received during this visit is the experience we wish all our guests to share. I hope to have an opportunity to provide you this type of positive experience again!
In hospitality, Mark Latu, General Manager

Been to HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport? Share your experiences!