“Stunned by the response ...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport

You added HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport to your Saves list
HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10962 Chapel Hill Road, Morrisville, NC 27560 (Formerly Hotel Sierra Raleigh Durham Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
50% off 3rd Night
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Tampa, FL
“Stunned by the response ...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

I stayed here for the first time in May 2010, and was impressed ... very nice extended stay hotel with some nice amenities. I'm moving to Raleigh, so decided to come back in July 2010 for a bit of an extended stay (around 40 days) until I could find a place to live permanently with a new job.

What a mistake.

It's my first night here. Started out great. Nice greeting, nice room, etc. But a big group of some pre-teens and teens with chaperones are also here for *two weeks* -- all on my hall, and screaming like crazy throughout the night all through the hall, to the point where I had an altercation with one of the chaperones who was completely drunk. Have called downstairs a couple of times, and they've ignored any responsibility ("it's a large group and they're here for a week" has been the response twice).

Check my other reviews -- have NEVER had responses like this. Again, so disappointing. Was planning to stay here for quite some time, but the responses from Doug (the "night manager") and the others has been just ridiculous. Nice looking hotel ... awful, awful management.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
I wish to take this moment to apologize not only for the interruptions during your stay, but for the poor responses from our team. I will admit we were not properly prepared for the attention this group would require, thus we could not accommodate other guest requests and needs. There is no excuse for this and I accept full responsibility as General Manager. I apologize for letting you down.
While I cannot change what has already happened, I would like to think we have changes in place so this will not occur in this hotel again. This was a difficult learning experience for our team, but one we will not soon forget!
If it is possible, I ask you to recall your first visit with us in May. The impression you received during this visit is the experience we wish all our guests to share. I hope to have an opportunity to provide you this type of positive experience again!
In hospitality, Mark Latu, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Double queen room perfect for our family of four coming home from the OBX. Loved being able to drive to Duke and UNC for sightseeing. Easy to get on I-40 in the morning. Felt like a safe area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
It is great to know Hotel Sierra was perfect for your family of four and close to the sites you visited. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Raleigh.
PONTE VEDRA BEACH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Stayed here for four nights with husband on business and it was an enjoyable experience. Clean, nice and new. All of the employees were very friendly and most helpful. It was quiet (except for the last night), and we didn't hear the planes flying over in the early morning hours, like the other hotels closer to the airport. Our room was a one bedroom suite, with nice kitchen area. There is a great bar (& bartender) in lobby, and it is definitely worth staying here just for the breakfast and coffee! There aren't any restaurants nearby, (actually not much of anything nearby), but we had no problem finding plenty of places to eat within a short drive. Also, the last night, we were exhausted and were able to have a pizza delivered from Georgina's in Morrisville - excellent! The pool area wasn't open yet, and considering the warm weather, that was a shame. It would have been nice to be able to sit outside , but I wasn't allowed in the area. They were painting, and who knows what. Probably for the best as the pollen was unbelievable in NC last week. The pool and firepit will be a great area when all of the work is finished. The only negative from the trip-- the hotel wasn't full, so don't understand why on our last night the adjoining room was rented at 2 am to a family with small children who were obviously wired from a long drive; we thought they had moved into our room! Turned the a/c back on to drown their noise out, but I'm sure they weren't happy when we got up at 6 and checked out. In spite of this, Hotel Sierra has quite a lot going for it. We travel frequently to the area and will be back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at Hotel Sierra. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and were able to relax at the bar area and enjoy the amenities offered. I apologize the pool area was not open yet for the season. Hopefully you will be back during the summer months so you can enjoy the pool. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to you visiting again soon!
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

I enjoyed my recent stay at Hotel Sierra. I was very pleased with the service, decor and atmosphere. This hotel is brand new and you can definitely tell as soon as you walk in.

The room was one of my favorites for sure. Top notch, loved the 42 inch plasma! It had everything I needed. I hope I get to return to the area so I can stay at Hotel Sierra again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the nice comments regarding your recent stay at Hotel Sierra. We are delighted you enjoyed the customer service, décor and atmosphere of the hotel. Our staff strives to make sure each guest has a pleasant experience. We hope you are in the area again soon so you can enjoy another stay!
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

I love Hotel Sierra. I want to trade my house for a room there because everything is so new and modern. I got the room on a very good deal. Sometimes they have the rooms on sale for 60 bucks and it's definitely a steal!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at Hotel Sierra and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Morrisville!
raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

We stayed at this hotel when we went to my office Christmas party at another well known hotel. They were having a great special so we booked a room. Not everything was open at the time because they were still in the process of hiring staff but this place was beautifully decorated. There was a lounge with a bar and a dining room. I absolutely loved our room. I was suprised to find a kitchenette in it. This would be great for someone who was staying for a few days and wanted to save money on eating out. The bed was extremely comfortable. The free breakfast was much better than most hotels provide. We'll be back for Valentines Day. The Sierra is definately on my list of favorites.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the nice comments regarding your stay at Hotel Sierra. I'm glad you decided to give us a try and we made it to your list of favorites. We look forward to seeing you for Valentine's Day.
NC/VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

This hotel was very clean, comfortable, and every staff member that we encountered was very friendly. Our room was very clean and spacious. We didnt venture outside of the room much but the lobby and bar area were very clean and quiet. The hotel is a little secluded which we liked and there is a walmart less than a mile awaym but that is about it. The other areas such as the pool and workout area were clean and the temperature was comfortable. The full kitchen in the room was greatly appreciated and the stovetop worked very well.

The only two minor issues we encountered was the music that plays thorugh out the hotel was nice but got a kinda loud at night when there were no other sounds to mask it. I did leave a suggestion with the hotel to turn it down or off at night. Also, we were not able to utilize the audio/video connections on the flat screen tvs they have in each room. We contacted the front desk and we were told that they were aware of the problem and were working on it. But like I said minor issues.

I found this hotel to be quite exceptional and when in Raleigh it will be dfntly be one of our first choices.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Best hotel I've stayed at in a very long time is a very nice compliment for our newest Hotel Sierra! Thank you for your very nice comments regarding your stay and the hotel. We do take all comments seriously and I apologize for the problems you encountered when trying to utilize the audio/video connections on the TV. We are also reviewing the volume levels of the music throughout the hotel. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to you staying with us again.
In hospitality, Mark Latu, General Manager

Been to HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport? Share your experiences!