“Friendly Staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 hotels in Morrisville
Memphis, Tennessee
“Friendly Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

The person checking me in was so friendly. I needed an Apple store since I messed up my phone. She looked it up and gave me the address and I was on my way to get that fixed and off to dinner.

The room looked like it needed to be updated. The bed comfortable but the comforter was very lumpy. I think it was supposed to be that way. The bathroom was clean but again looks like it needs updating. Very close to the airport so you can hear the planes taking off.

Breakfast area was very clean and the person handling that was extremely friendly.

The staff should get an "excellent" rating.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

I travel about 80% to 85% of the time, usually 2 or 3 days the weeks I do. I'm a Hilton Diamond member and mainly stay at Hampton Inns so I have a good base to judge my experience at The hampton Inn Raleigh Durham Airport from my stay on January 25, 2012.

Overall it was disappointing and below Hampton inn standards.

The positive: The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly; welcoming and helpful. They also offer a managers reception most evenings which is a nice touch.

They also started their breakfast at 5am, a nice touch being near the airport so I was able to grab something quickly.

The cons: There is no workout room. Granted many Hamptons I stay at have a very minimal workout room, this facility had none. I don't think I would have found that out until I asked the young lady about workout facilities and she told me. She did offer that as a guest you could use the workout room at the Holiday Inn Express and another hotel nearby. Nice but no thank you. It's bad enough as a guest trying to get a machine in some workout rooms but having guests from two hotels trying to fight for the one or two treadmills they may have is unacceptable.
The proper thing for management to do would to have an agreement with a health club nearby for guests to use. I ended up going to a nearby club on my own because working out is important to me.

The other BIG con to me was the bed/mattress. It definitely was not one of their new mattresses. My bed was so uncomfortable. Every time I moved during the night I felt the springs. I also had a short night of sleep since I had to catch a 7am flight.

Otherwise it was adequate and served it's purpose. I did not do my homework before hand and review nearby hotels on Trip Advisor and if I had I may have stayed elsewhere.

The friendliness of the staff saved the day for my review and again comparing this facility to other Hampton properties I've stayed at I can not give them a higher ranking.

Otherwise

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
ATL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I needed a hotel near the RDU airport for one night. This is an older property, not up to the new Hampton Inn & Suites standards. It served the purpose but was pretty expensive for the quality of accomodations.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

The staff is very accomodateing and helpful, but if you are looking for a quiet night's sleep, you should look elsewhere.

Airplanes and jets fly directly over the hotel past midnight, and the houskeeping staff slams doors, shouts up and down the hallways and runs vacumm cleaners starting at about 7am. Sound insulation was not high on the construction standards when this older Hampton Inn was built, apparantly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Poor check in ==> Despite being a Hilton Honors member - Diamond Level no less - a clean room was not ready at 4p when I arrived. Took an extra 10-15 minutes to get one ready. Staff wasn't particularly sympathetic.

Inadequate parking ==> Upon returning from dinner in Raleigh there were ZERO parking places left in the lot. Had to park in the back corner of the neighboring Holiday Inn, right in front of the sign that said "Flood Zone - Park at your own risk". Nice, no wonder the two remaining places were down there.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Dear VegasTraveler59,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and would like to apologize for the issues during your stay. We take all feedback seriously and I will discuss your review with our hotel's General Manager so we can improve check-in experience in the future.

Please feel free to contact me at the e-mail address listed below if you would like to discuss any of the issues regarding your stay.

David Amick
eCommerce Manager
david.amick@dalyseven.com
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

We stay at Hampton's usually. This place is standard; and a little tired. Am tempted to try the HI Express, next door, next time But free airport parking at Hampton is pretty sweet.

• Stayed February 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

This place is horrible, my lousy travel agent booked me at this one instead of the Inn & Suites at Briarcreek. Though recently renovated, this property is garbage, the whole floor is non smoking but smells like the fiercest ashtray. Hilton needs to get on their business and kick this dump out of the GDS.
Forget that, how can the county or city allow these people to have a hotel that is not properly parked? So that the NA is telling people to park in handicapped spaces? That's ILLEGAL, YOU could get fined/towed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Raleigh Durham Airport? Share your experiences!