“Very nice property” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Cumming
“Very nice property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Checked out the reviews and decided to stay at this property. Was pleasantly surprised at how nice it is. Very well kept and eye pleasing. The suite was nice and the bathroom was a very nice size. My fiance' did have a lil bit of an issue with one of teh staff members but overall we were pleased with the staff. They only clean every 3rd day of a consecutive nites stay so be on notice if you are used to everyday. Tho it is in the middle of airport hotel land it seems kind of secluded. If you don't like aircraft noise this is not the place for you. We were forewarned so it didn't bother us.

Room Tip: Not really a good room due to aircraft noise. There isn't a view. Just go and enjoy what it
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
We are really happy you came and tried us, and very excited that you really ejoyed your stay too! As you said, we are really close to the airport just a mere 5 minutes away if your rushing to make a flight, and the planes do fly over us but the noise doesn't bother most of our guests.

Hope to see you again soon! We always know you have a choice, and we really appreciate your choosing us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

First time staying in a Cambria Suites Hotel. Arrival and check in was smooth and quick. Lady doing check in was very friendly and greeted me with a smile (always a +) Lobby area was nice & spacious, appeared to be a fairly new hotel. Very clean. Room was nice. King size bed, slept well, ample amount of pillows on the bed. Everything in the room appeared to be clean, including the bathroom floor corners! Very tastefully decorated and modern. Nearest restaurant across the street. The Chop House otherwise just a couple other hotels.

Cons: the hotel sits directly under the airplane landing route for RDU airport. Sooooo you will see and hear the planes above. If you go to bed early bring earplugs. The planes don't fly after midnight or before 6ish. Also, earplugs because the walls are paper thin as well as the ceiling, so we heard the tv's in the adjoining rooms and people walking in room above us.
no comp breakfast served but they do have a type of restaurant in hotel that put out a really nice looking buffet for $10. Sun. buffet consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage links, homefries, grilled onions and peppers, sausage gravy, assortment of fruit and breads, yogurt etc
bring your own hairdryer. The one offered in the room had a total cord length of 18". it was placed in the corner of the bathroom so when I did my hair I was plastered along the wall with no access to a large mirror and made it difficult for me to fix my hair.

Pros: the friendliness of the staff, the shower head was higher than 6' which makes for a wonderful shower for us tall people. it was a nice hotel.

overall, I will go back when in area. I will be prepared with my own hairdryer. always travel with earplugs so I was good to go there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
We are really excited that you enjoyed your first stay with the Cambria brand of hotels! We are still new to the industry having been here just 5 years, but we are working hard to give everyone a great experience! We are proud of our breakfast buffet, and change it up daily to always have a fresh look. Stay with us five days, and you will not see the same exact buffet while you are here. Not sure what happened with the hairdryer you mentioned, but I sent our housekeeper up to get it out of that suite and replace it with a new one with a regular cord.

Hope to see you again sometime soon.....
Forest, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

my adult children fly into this airport 2-4 times a year. They usually have early flights leaving or late flights arriving. It is very close to the airport, great pool and work out area for the average person. Food is good but not free. Doing online, guaranteed price I save another 20%. Staff is fabulous. They always give me a room on the first floor close to the lobby as I have poor knees. I use Choice hotel chain as I get 1 night free lodging periodically or $50 gift cards.
I will continue to use them whenever I travel.

Room Tip: doing online paid up front saves another 20% but no refunds if plans change.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your experience, and double thank you for being an entire family of loyal Choice customers! We will work hard to continue to give the level of service that MAKES you want to return!

Looking forward to your next visit!
High Point, North Carolina, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is my favorite hotel when traveling out of RDU- it is modern, warm and clean. The rooms are spacious and well-designed and the beds are comfy. The staff is always courteous and professional and the on-site restaurant is a plus. It is definitely one of the best in the area.

Room Tip: Away from elevator; top floor to eliminate noise from guests above you.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
We think it's awesome that we are your favorate place to stay when in Raleigh / Durham. We really love that you have come to see us time after time. Please know that we understand we need to earn your loyality with every stay, and we will always try hard to ensure we provide the level of service that will make you want to return.

Thank you for letting us know you like what you see!
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our room was clean and well furnished. The set up is nice--a living room area (not really a separate room but perhaps some of the suites are different) with a sofa bed + 2 queen beds. There's a refrigerator, microwave, and a good coffee maker. About a 15-minute drive to downtown Raleigh.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Our suites are much larger than guests typically expect, and we do give you the space for families to be able to relax comfortably. So gald you enjoyed it and I hope we get an opportunity to host you again!
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

It's a new chain of
Hotel - rooms are very nice - the staff was very friendly especially Kayla -
I like the two room set up - rooms were very clean - if you like super firm beds then this is not for you

Tip - breakfast under $10 it's worth it - plenty of outlets to charge cell phone in room

Stayed July 2014
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Cambria is a new brand and we are thrilled you found us! Glad you enjoyed our newer and modern set up, and our suite design. Come back and see us again!

BTW, I showed Kayla that you mentioned here and she was thrilled too.... Our associates work hard to please our guests, and they get really excited when they know our guests notice their efforts!
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I will never stay at this location again. Two reasons for this. First, I called at 7 am to ask how early I could check in and was told possibly 12 pm. I arrive at 12:15 pm to discover there is a waiting list for people who want to check in early with my same room type. Why wasn't this told to me at 7 am when I called so I could have put my name on a list? Who knows (apparently there's one person who does this but not the others)? All I know is that the guy who was in the lobby at 12 pm ended up with a room 1 1/2 hours before me, and I missed half the day of a celebration (when I could have been first on the list). Get a fair, consistent system please.

Even more egregious and mind-numbingly angering: apparently Cambria Suites is a parking garage. They are more interested in letting randoms pay $5.00 for a spot than having actual guests have a place to park when they arrive back from their outing. I literally saw a man come in and complain that there were no handicap parking spots and that people who didn't have the sticker were in the spot (what in the world?!). I even asked the front desk woman to repeat to me several times that they actually lend out spots to strangers with no sort of consideration for actual paying hotel guests. Her response was "it's not always like this, sometimes it happens, park in the circle, you won't get towed." What in the world kind of $2.00 business are they running here? I have traveled all over this great country and the world, and I have never in my life heard of such foolishness. And if anything happens to my rental because it is not in a legitimate parking space, expect me to take it all the way to the top.

Guess what Cambria Suites? You have lost a customer for life. You need to decide. Either you are in the business of being a paid parking lot or you are in the business of being a hotel. You cannot and are not doing both well.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We are all very sorry to hear about your experience, and that we may have lost your business forever because of it. This is not typical of what our guests experience here, but nonetheless we are taking a hard look at a couple of things because of your experience.

Early checkins at a busy hotel are always tough, but even more so on weekends and holiday periods when guests get up later and tend to check out much later than during the business week. We always insure check in at 3pm but always try really hard to get guests arriving earlier into their suite as soon as possible. It can also be a function of the specific roomtype in that we have more of types than others.

We do park cars and provide airport transfers. Our sleep/fly package is extremely popular with guests who stay with us overnight before they depart and leave their car with us while they are traveling. You are right though that this particular holiday the volume did become overwhelming, somewhat because of storms trapping some of our guests in other parts of the country so they were unable to retrive their cares. I know of 10 instances of this, otherwise we do restrict the number of cars to available extra spots so as to not displace our hotel guests.

We do apologize that we did run out of space that particular day. By the time it became apparent that we were in that situation it we were already full because the cars that were supposed to depart stayed over an extra day or two.

As I said earlier, we are very sorry for your stay and that yours is not typical of what our guests experience when they stay with us. I presume the other elements of your stay were enjoyable, so should you decide to give us a try again please contact me directly to let you know your coming and I will make sure we make up for your previous stay experience.

Been to Cambria Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!