I had stayed and reviewed this hotel a few years ago, not long after it opened. This trip I was with a friend to attend the Eagles concert at the PNC Center and wanted something near the airport, convenient to the concert venue and close to restaurants and shopping. Cambria fit all of those bills.
The place is not easy to find for those unfamiliar with the area, but after staying there previously and having family in Morrisville and Cary, I had no problem finding it and everything was as great as the last time. The rooms are massive, with separate sleeping and living quarters, including two flat screen TVs in every room. There is a large desk with free high speed internet and a closet to hang clothes. The bathroom is large and has a curved shower curtain rod to add space to the shower.
Check-in was handled very quickly and efficiently. There was a problem with the room key cards not opening the door and a housekeeper who passed us in the hall even tried her master key without success, so we had to go back to the desk and request a new key, which worked after several tries. They sent a maintenance person to reprogram the lock, however we continued to have problems with the key and card every time we returned to the room. The mechanism needs to be replaced on that door.
We were able to sleep very well without any noise from the nearby airport and total darkness with the drapes closed. Because of the separation between the areas, I was able to wake up and get onto the computer while my date slept late without being disturbed by me using the computer.
The final morning, we ate the breakfast in the small on-site restaurant and found it to be very good and convenient. I felt it was a little over-priced at $9.99/person, but since we were in a rush to catch a flight, it more than satisfied and the quality and selection were excellent.
Overall, this is still my preferred place to stay in the Raleigh-Durham area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located one mile from the Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU), the Cambria Suites® Raleigh-Durham Airport hotel is the perfect place to stay for business and leisure travelers. Cambria Suites hotel provides easy access to major cities like Raleigh, Cary and Durham. We are within minutes of Research Triangle Park. The Raleigh-Durham area is home to several companies such as Cisco, Glaxo SmithKline, IBM, Lenovo, CSFB, NetApp, Fidelity Investments, PPD and Quintiles. The Cambria Suites, RDU Airport hotel is thoughtfully designed to offer business and leisure travelers select amenities that will make anyone feel pampered, including: Barista coffee bar in the lobby, featuring Wolfgang Puck coffee, Indoor pool with spa, State-of-the-art fitness center, Contemporary Reflect bistro-style restaurant serving breakfast and dinner, Sundry shop, open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Full service bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Cambria Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambria Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport Hotel Morrisville
- Cambria Suites Morrisville
- Choice Raleigh Durham Airport