“A very nice property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Franklin, TN
“A very nice property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had never heard of this chain, but was sent there by American Airlines after a missed flight due to Hurricane Sandy. This place went beyond my expectations, and was an upscale version of the suite concept. From a very comfortable bed, to two large televisions, to a fine sofa, to a contemporary decor that you can't miss, this was a great room. I noted a nice looking exercise room. as well as laundry facilities. The restaurant onsite was very good, as was the breakfast. There weren't restaurants in walking distance, but the shuttle driver said he'd be glad to carry me to local ones. And it is a free shuttle to the airport, which is about five minutes from the hotel. I have only good things to say about this hotel, and would definitely stay there again. It seems to be practically new, and a great option if you need to be close to RDU Airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I'm so glad you discovered Cambria Suites, and hope you will have an opportunity to visit us in Raleigh/Durham again some time. Being delayed by a Hurricane is never fun, but it sounds like we were able to make you comforable during your delay. My staff always makes the extra effort to get our guests what they need, including transportation to the local area. We work hard to provide an awesome facility, glad we were able to please you!

Our brand is growing, so look for us soon in many new places.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Savannah, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Have stayed here several times for business. The rooms are perfect for a business traveler. There is a separate area with the bed (which is very comfortable) and flat-screened TV and an area with a nice big desk and sofa with another falt-screened TV on the wall. Each room has a microwave and refrigerator. The breakfast has a wide variety to choose from, but it is not free. There a bistro/bar/cafe that serves drinks and food and you can buy pre=made sandwiches and salads. Room service is quiick and not too expensive. Rooms are clean and modern. Great value and not that expensive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you Pamela for the kind words.

Cambria Suites continues to evolve and we try very hard to provide you what today's business travelers need when they are on the the road. It's good to know that we have been able to meet your needs and hope to be able to see you again in the future.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed one night after missing international connection. Rooms was great for a family of four (2 x large queen and separate lounge room); clean, tidy and free wi-fi throughout. The in-house restaurant provides an outstanding quality meal at an excellent price - after travelling New York and Washington it was good to see quality meals at very affordable and realistic prices. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly and the free airport shuttle makes life very easy. With the new airport and facilities and cheaper flight pricings thru RDU i would consider using this as an entry /exit point from the States. Surrounding country has much to see and there is a great mall 10miles away (Streets at Southpoint). At US$89 a night this was fantastic value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We really appreciate your telling us about your stay. Being stranded by the airline, no matter how unavoidable is never a good experience, but we are glad we were able to make you and your family comfortable until you could get back on your way. It sounds like we have just exactly the accommadations and services you needed right when you needed them.

We would love to have you stay with us again if you should happen to travel through our airport again on your travel back and forth to the US.
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Excellent place to stay. Rooms are big with big comfy beds. Separate area with sofa and flat screen TV. Breakfast is a buffet - not included in room price, but well worth the price. We had a flat tire on our car and the staff was very helpful in finding us a repair shop.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I will tell you that our comfy beds are the number 1 item our guests tell us about and really appreciate. Our housekeepers work hard at making them special and inviting, and we are glad you enjoyed them. Please come back and see us sometime soon.
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights and then returned for one more night before our flight home. The staff was friendly and helpfull. There were six in our family and there was plenty of room for all. The hotel is close to the airport and the shuttle picked us up at the airport and also was kind enough to take me back to pick my rental car up the next day. The rooms are modern and clean. Beds were comfortable and even the hide-away bed was decent. We would stay there again in a heartbeat. Thanks Cambria Suites, Morrisville for a great vacation

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for sharing the details of your stay. We always strive to deliver the type of service that makes you want to return, and we are very excited that you were able to experience it. We look forward to being of service to you and your family again in the future.
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I can must say that I worked an event at the Cambria Suites, RDU Airport, and the experience was great. The staff assisted the event organizers and workers with getting everything that was needed and then some. The staff was extremely polite and from what I observed, they went out of their way to make their guest comfortable. I talked with several staff members. I worked as a D.j. for an event for Breast Cancer Surviors; their color is pink. I had the great pleasure of meeting and working with Mr. Charles Sepeila; he was very professional and maintained contact while the event organizer and staff of the event. He made sure everyone was comfortable while taking care of his other duties. In fact, I talked with him after the event as I waited outside with my equipment; he made sure I was okay prior to his leaving. Another great staff member was Adelle; I think I am spelling his name right. He was on top of evrything. The customer service staff at the front desk was outstanding. I was there from 12:30 pm that afternoon until 8:30 that night. The customer service staff was outstanding. the building and event rooms are beautiful. I am planing a birthday bash for my fifith birthday in late February 2013, and the Cambria Suites is my place. I will be contacting the staff this week. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: All are great parts to the Suites; take your pick.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the kind words and for holding your function here. I am glad you had a great time, but want you to know the my staff really enjoyed having your group here. I will pass your comments on to my Associates, I know they will be pleased you took the time to mention their efforts.

Can't wait to see you in February for your birthday!
Reidsville, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was the second time my family stayed at this particular hotel. The first time was decent though we had to leave early due to changing travel arrangements. We were refunded one night's stay since we had to leave early. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable so we decided to come back for a weekend getaway. This time the bed had a fringe at the top that was hanging down but the room was clean other than that. Unfortunately again we could only stay one night vs two again due to illness. We called to the main lobby and were told by Alex that we would not be charged for the second night. He told us he'd credited our account and it would appear in two days. We get home and our account was debited for another 100.35 on top of the $200.70 we'd already paid. On the first occasion no such thing happened. My account showed the total charged and two days later it was reduced to the right amount. I called and Alex rather hastily and nastily informed me that my receipt showed a credit. I said yes but my account shows a debit made by you on this morning. Well you need to contact your bank was his response. I am waiting to see how this plays out. My credit union has been contacted as well. Other than this the hotel is fine. It is out of the way and if you're looking for big named restaurants other than Hooters you will need to venture out some. And if you don't want to hear airplanes zooming over top of your head don't stay here either. My kids enjoy looking at planes so it was cool for them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
We appreciate your writing about your experience and giving us the opportunity to make things right. A couple aspects of your stay were disappointing for you, but I want you to know they were disappointing for us when we read about them as well. We strive to be the lodging of choice around the Raleigh Airport area and clearly we fell short of that goal.

Please allow me say that I am sorry my staff didn't respond to your inquiry with the attention you deserved. I reviewed your account myself and am certain that we got your account properly credited for the night you had to depart early.

We also appreciate the fact you have stayed with us a couple of times, and very much wish for you to stay with us again. I am certain you will find that this stay wasn't at all typical of what you can expect from Cambria Suites, and we will work hard to earn your business again.

Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to make all the arraingements.

Been to Cambria Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!