“Good place & inexpensive” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Good place & inexpensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

For some reason the iPad app won't allow me to list multiple months at this hotel, but I did stay for 101 days straight while working literally 5 minutes away. My office was one exit down I-40 so the location of this hotel was fabulous. Plenty of restaurants, gas stations, etc., nearby. One bummer is the closest grocery store and closest drug stores are like 15 minutes away, but that's not a big deal.

On the staff, they are simply fabulous, extremely nice, friendly and professional. Housekeeping also does a great job cleaning up the place. Some of the friendliest hotel staff I've ever had the pleasure of meeting! That says a lot as I've been traveling professionally now for the last 32 years!

Parking is okay, but the lot really isn't as roomy as one would expect, add to it I normally park in handicapped spots and yet they were filled with vehicles WITHOUT handicapped parking permits! But not that big a deal, I just think the Management team should pay more attention to that. One other issue is when I parked in the handicapped spots, both front and rear, I'd come out the next morning and find cigarette butts on my car, someone spitting on it, all obviously from one of the floors above. Simply put, too many immature idiots staying there. Parked across the lot backed in and no one ever bothered my car again, and those people without the parking permits were back in those spots. Again, the Management team needs to pay closer attention to that!!

Now on the rooms...well, they are plenty large and you have lots of items in them (desks, chairs, recliner, etc.) and a nice kitchenette with a full-sized refrigerator, microwave and sink. Great flatscreen TV. No dishwashers so be ready to hand wash your dishes. Oddly, housekeeping doesn't do the dishes! That to me is a big negative and ridiculous, but the Management said that was their policy (idiotic!).

Bathroom is plenty large, excellent shower with nice, hot water. Also it's got great water pressure, which most hotels, even the 5 star ones, don't have very good water pressure in their showers. Now one thing that, to me, is a negative item is that they have the old style straight shower curtain rod - personally I hate those as I can't stand the shower curtain touching me! Now that connects to the largest negative issue with this hotel - and if they corrected this it would be a 5 star place!

The entire hotel, as in everything there, is old, as in ancient! Carpets are rumply and filthy, sticky to your feet and walking on them dirties your feet! Pillows are lumpy and suck. Bed is old but it is comfy. Everything in the room but the TV is so old they should be replaced! I'd bump up their rating from three to four stars if the just installed those curved shower rods! Sheets, pillow cases, blankets and bedspreads are so old and thin they are pathetic. Towels, half the time they are great, the others suck, but not that bad - at least they are clean.

In summary, it's a good and inexpensive place to stay long term, it's not bad but not great, there aren't any safety or crime issues that I'm aware of, the staff is very nice, all in all I'd say this is a good place for people to stay who are on per diem, or don't have a lot of money. Regardless of any of my negative comments, if I had to stay in that area again I'd go back to this hotel!

As an FYI, I stayed there from the beginning of September through the beginning of December, 2012.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that there were issues with the parking, I will review this with the staff so we can be more proactive in making available the handicap spots for the guests who need them. In response to your feedback, I am glad you took the time to review all the services in detail so we can continue to work to improve each area you noted. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kmaile@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bronx ,New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We recently stayed at the hotel for about a month, while working on a project in RTP. The staff was excellent, very friendly and eager to help. The rooms were clean and I loved that there was a kitchen. Overall a great value.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

the customer service was good and so was nice and clean it wasnt nasty. I had a ball being there for you but I was able to cook my own. the manager was nice. the manager even sit down and have a conversation with me and I just feel great about being here.....

• Stayed August 2012
Carlos J, Area Operations Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Raleigh - RDU Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Denton, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We booked this hotel on Priceline, thought we had gotten a great deal. But I almost ended up just calling the Homestead and booking a room there and just paying the 80.00 plus loosing out on what we had already paid for Priceline. The first room they tried to put us in smelled so badly of smoke that there is no way we could have stayed in it. Then, the next rooms we got moved to ended having No A/C. We were all Burning up and completely miserable. Then they had the maintenance guy put in a new A/C unit. He told me that in 15 minutes the room would be unbearably cold. After an hour, it was STILL HOT!!!! No A/C. So they sent him in again. He turned on the Compressor this time. STILL NO A/C. So, they moved us again!!!! This time the Air worked, but the TV didn't work well, and there was NO Wifi! AND>>>>> Worse than that, the planes were flying over us every 5 minutes and they were SOOOO LOUD!!!!! Especially when trying to sleep, plus it scared my kids so bad too. So, all in all? Miserable time. We completely missed out on our whole day of activities just waiting on A/C. Liked the ESA on Regency Parkway ALOT Better!

Room Tip: there is no good room here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
roadwarriornc, Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Raleigh - RDU Airport. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

rooms are kept nice and clean manager mr. carlos are the best people l meet. they are very nice and understanding. all the reception staff.l would recommend anyone visting the hotel is 5 mins away from the airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Morrisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great Hotel for long Stays. Rooms are kept nice and clean. Staff is Great. Manager Angella Holder Area Manager Mr. Carlos are the best people I meet. They are very helpful Kind and understanding. All the reception staff in the mornings, evenings and nights are polite and helpfull. I would recommend anyone visting Morrisville to come stay here and enjoy there stay.

Austin

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty nice and good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Carlos J, Area Operations Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Raleigh - RDU Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Swadlincote, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed here as we need to go back to the airport as our bags did not arrive. The hotel is 5 mins away from the airport. We had been given a voucher by American Eagle to stay here so we were not paying!! The room was not the best but the staff really looked after us as we did not have any luggage then lent me a hairdryer to use and they said not to worry about check out time. 5 star service but I would not recommend the rooms if you were paying as they have not been cleaned.

Room Tip: Stay some where else until they sort out there cleaning
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room cleanliness you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future. Thank you again.

Been to Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport? Share your experiences!