“great place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
GreenLeadersSilver level
“great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been staying monthly at this hotel for over 5 years. I have seen staff changes, renovations, etc. during that time. The staff have always been helpful and fixing anything I need during my stays. The room service, breakfasts, and meals at the restaurant have been outstanding. Anytime I have mentioned anything that needs fixing at the hotel, staff have responded. I know on weekends there is not as much maintenance staff and sometimes seen crumbs in the halls, etc., that were not cleaned up until Mondays, but the rooms have always been clean. No problems ever with clean towels, bed linens, etc. The only complaint I have occasionally I am in a room where the number bed is older and you have to choose a side to sleep on without a dip or dent in the mattress. Overall, the hotel is great. I have left my vehicle there when flying out of state and the shuttle drivers have always been right on time.

Room Tip: rooms on higher floors are good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Karen M,

Thank you very much for your comments about our hotel, and for your loyalty! Its nice to know that we've been able to impress you for so long. Thank you for letting us know about things that you've seen on the weekends and how you feel about the beds. Its nice working in a hotel, but we don't get to lay in the beds very often! I've passed your comments along to the appropriate managers, and we will definitely work to avoid such issues in the future.

Thanks again for the loyalty Karen, we truly appreciate it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Lacey, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times and recommend it highly. The staff is very helpful and courteous. Morning breakfast is great. I like the shuttle. I always use it when I arrive and depart and never had to wait longer than 15 minutes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Ed L,

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel! We love to know that our guests feel welcome and at home, as that is our top priority. We look forward to having you stay again soon!
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The hotel was fairly recently renovated, its comfortable, clean and well located. You will need a vehicle but thats really true anywhere in the area. The restaurant is superior to most hotel restaurants, don't be afraid to dine there! The bar is absolutely wonderful, well lit, friendly staff (Sean the bar manager is a sweetheart) and exceptionally comfortable. Rooms are sizable and comfortable, amenities all work!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tracy R,

Thank you so much for such a pleasant review of our hotel! We're glad that you enjoy our bar and our restaurant. We take great pride in the fact that we have a seasonal menu, made from fresh, local, ingredients. Thank you again, and we truly hope to have you as our guest again soon!
tegl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Over the past several years I have been staying at this hotel and it has been one of the better experiences that I have had over my career which requires a lot of travel. The employees are very friendly and always willing to go the extra mile for their guests. The breakfast is always good and the wait staff is very friendly. Dinner is also good and they cater to business travelers by having a bar that you can sit at that has power and plenty of space to work and eat.

Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear tegl,

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel! We're honored that we've had the opportunity to be your "home away from home" over the past several years, and hope to see you again very soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed two nights in this hotel while in Raleigh and absolutely loved it! Not sure what we loved most, the convenient location, the cleanliness of the hotel, the friendly staff, the comfortable beds, or the super clean pool and work out room. We will always recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying here on our next trip to the Raleigh Durham area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Denise V,

Thank you for your kind words about the Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh Durham Airport! I am so happy to hear that you loved your stay with us. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in need of accommodations in Raleigh-Durham.

Warmest regards,
Robin Warzywak
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel and had no problems. This time we stayed there due to the hotel being so close to the airport. We had a 5:50 am flight! Check in went smoothly, we had a nice room and a comfortable bed. I had a cold so used a lot of Kleenex which were like sandpaper unfortunately. The toilet is a good 3 feet away from the toilet paper roll, difficult as I am only 5 feet tall and don't have a long reach. When we got up at 3:45 to get ready for our flight, we ran the hot water for about 10 minutes but it never got even slightly warm. A cold shower was not what I wanted. When we mentioned it to the front desk staff, they didn't even apologize, just said that happens when you are up so early. As a Diamond member, I expected a least an apology.

• Stayed December 2012
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Mmbecker,

Although we are sorry to hear about your sub par experience at our hotel, we do appreciate your review. I have discussed the hot water issue with our Chief Engineer, as we all know that a cold shower first thing in the morning is not a good way to start your day! An apology should have been the first thing you heard from our front desk, and I am sorry that it was not. As a diamond member, we appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand, and to our hotel as you stated that you have stayed here previously. Upon your next stay with us, you will not find the same issues that you did during this stay, and we do hope that you provide us the opportunity to prove that to you. Thank you again!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My assistant mistakenly booked me at this hilton garden inn instead of the one that I typically stay in at RTP. It looked fine, until I got into my room and discovered that the bedspread had some stains and the sheets looked as if they had been slept on prior. There was a used wash cloth in the bathroom and part of the bed dips down. I fell into the indent in the bed while I was sleeping.
I then decided to get room service and I cannot explain how terrible it was. I am still in shock that a some many things could go wrong for 2 nights.
If you have a choice, do not stay at this hotel.

A

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear BAE21,

We are incredibly regretful to hear that your stay with us was not excellent. We pride ourselves in the service that we provide to our guests, and it is upsetting to hear that you did not receive the excellent service that we attempt to provide to each and every guest. I have discussed your housekeeping and room service issues with our Executive Housekeeper and Food and Beverage Director, and they have also directly discussed the issues with their staffs. I have high hopes that you will provide us the opportunity to show you the incredible service that is typically provided to our guests, and can assure you that you will not experience the same issues on any future stay with us. We appreciate the review you provided, as it gives us a chance to fix any areas in which we are lacking. Thank you for your business, and again, please provide us the opportunity to prove to you the high standards that we hold.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!