“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Morganton
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I had to stay here on business and enjoyed the huge breakfast room. The options were endless and the entire hotel was very clean. I had a light bulb out and someone came and fixed in within an hour of me calling the front desk. Very nice people and were eager to help. Very accessible location from the interstate and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013
Quality I, Manager at Quality Inn Morganton, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Hello the Quality Inn of Morganton is happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our Front Desk Clerks are always available to help our guests 24 hours a day. We are happy to hear that you liked our business center and free continental breakfast. We also have a work out room for our guests and a seasonal outdoor pool. We hope to see you again soon and as always we at the Quality Inn of Morganton appreciate your business.

-Quality Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a great place to stay at. Right off the exit on interstate 40.. Front Desk ladies were so friendly and I will be staying here again. They have a pool which is beautiful and very clean. Very close to a few restaurants as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've stayed here several times for work, Morganton doesn't have many choices. There's a Hampton In that is always full and can charge whatever they want, then this place and other mediocre to real bad hotels.

They try, the staff is the only reason they get two stars. There is street construction out front for a year or more now. The rooms are just OK for a discount/coupon rate of $59/$65.

The night before checking out I found two half dead cockroaches in the bathroom. I checked out early the next morning and noticed dead ones on the walk and assumed they has just sprayed. I mentioned it to the desk clerk who assured me someone would call my cell and probably offer an adjustment. I, against my better judgement, made a reservation for two weeks out.

After checking in I asked the desk clerk why no one had called me. There is no manager in place right now, the last one quit after being worked 80+ hrs a week. She got ahold of the owner who wouldn't talk to me. He offered nothing, then did a 10% discolunt as he said my rate was already low enough.

I checked out, and it cost him 3 nights stay that week and more in the future.

My work had shifled so I went to the Red Roof in Hickory. Great stay, clean, better TV and bed, and $15 less expensive. Worth the drive.

The owner of this and the Sleep Inn next door is never on-site and seems to have very bad customer relation policies. I won't return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Wheaton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Since this was a "choice hotel", I thought this hotel might be pretty good.
First room had a musty smell. They sent us to a second room but key did not work plus there was a bug crawling inside the window. The third room had a toilet that ran all night. Bathroom door had a hole in it. Bed was ok. We did not stay for contenental breakfast. We will never stay at a "Quality Hotel" again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Beaufort, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My family stayed here for 2 consecutive week nights. The property is not new, no frills, but was a good value and had its good points. The inn is right at exit 105 on I-40. There are a couple of restaurants, hotels, and gas stations nearby at this exit. The onsite restaurant provides free breakfast but is otherwise closed and looking for a renter. Driving south on highway 18 (Sterling Street) is some beautiful countryside, Driving north into Morganton are plenty of stores and restaurants. The old part of town is interesting, too.

The inn rooms are arranged in a big U, with the common areas on the open part of the U. There are two floors of rooms around the U, half facing inside and half outside. The interior rooms have the better view of the landscaped pool area. The outer rooms face the parking lot. There is ample parking all around, so you can park close to your room. The inn exterior appears to be freshly painted. The pool is quite nice.

Rooms had everything you might expect. They seemed smallish and contained tired old furniture. Everything worked, but I had to reassemble a dresser drawer that had fallen apart. The room includes a refrigerator and microwave, and coffee service for two. Free Wi-Fi was speedy and easy to use. Bedding was fine, toweling was adequate but not plush or over-sized. Cleanliness was adequate overall, with some expected carpet stains, and a little mold starting to grow on the ceiling above the bathtub.

The staff at both the front desk and housekeeping were pleasant and efficient. They all seemed to be happy campers which speaks well for management. There is a "business center" with a single work station that I didn't use. Also a modestly equipped fitness center that I didn't use.

Bottom line: This is an older property that is well run, reasonably maintained and equipped, and a good value. I would return in a pinch, but well probably spend a little more for something a little nicer next time.

Hint: I check out the "deal" websites before booking, and have learned to look past the "room rate" to find the TOTAL cost. In this case, the lowest total cost came from the hotel website, which also allows reservation changes and cancellation.

Room Tip: Interior rooms have a much nicer view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kannapolis, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in August. The room was just okay, for the price. But the ants were terrible. In the morning, when I went to the front desk to complain, the clerks acted as if I was bothering them. I told them about the ant infestation and they told me that they also had that problem at their own houses. Well, as a customer I really did not need to hear about their personal homes. They should have offered a solution or got a manager.

Room Tip: Do not stay here due to the ant infestation....because they employees will not help with the problem...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thomasville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had looked for a hotel in the area that had an outdoor pool, and had a restaurant/bar/lounge on premises...On the web site the virtual tour talked about having a restaurant/lounge on site called "Willows" However,When we checked in we were told there hadnt been a restaurant there in some time, and good luck finding anywhere around to have a cocktail. The room smelled musty and the toilet wouldnt flush properly, there was only one ice machine that worked way on the other side of the property. Next time Ill drive a little farther east and stay at the other hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Morganton? Share your experiences!