“Best Burgers in Burke County” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 84 Restaurants in Morganton
Cuisines: American
Morganton, North Carolina
“Best Burgers in Burke County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Jake's has some of the best tasting burgers around. They grill them up fresh and serve them to you hot. They have many ways to top them such as Southern Style All the Way or pretty much any way you want your burger topped. These are some of the best cheeseburgers I have found outside the burger mecca of NW Gaston County.

The prices are fair and considering that this burger is going to be better than any fast-food place you can get a pre made burger at.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Morganton, North Carolina
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Best hamburgers that I have eaten in a restuarant! Their hamburgers are cook fresh right there in front of you. Everything is hot and fresh! These are as close to outdoor home cooked hambugers! Can't wait to eat here again!! Excellent!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte North Carolina
“Best Burger around!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We just came home from the mountains and our GPS took us home a different way through Morganton and I am so glad it did. We had just passed a Wendy's and almost stopped. but decided to keep driving and then I saw the sign for the best burgers under the bun and knew we had to stop. So we did. The burgers were amazing and of course we had to try the milkshakes and I had the flavor of the month which was salted carmel and it was amazing also. We will definitely take the long way next time and make a stop by Jake's. The prices were great also.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This place has the best burgers and milkshakes around. Service was good and employees were extremly friendly. Our family had a wonderful experiece here and cant wait to go back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“So much food for the money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I ordered the #1 which was supposed to be a Jr burger, small fries and a drink and that is for $4.75. For a Jr burger it was more than enough for me, and the small fries, the word small isn't the correct term to describe how many fries I got, there were so many fries!
The sweet tea was perfect no bitter taste that some tend to have. I didn't get a shake though they looked plenty tasty.
I wish they would use real mayonnaise, on my burger it was't that big a deal since I use ketchup too, but I am one of those few that likes to dip my fries in mayo and the first bite was so sweet! Sure enough HFCS was listed as an ingredient...no need for sweetness in mayo, that's called salad dressing (like Miracle Whip) which isn't what was on the packet.

• Visited October 2013