“Awful” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 84 Restaurants in Morganton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: *Serving Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner *Breakfast Bar Daily Soup Salad & Fruit & Veggie Bar Daily *Full Breakfast Menu *Full Lunch & Dinner Menu *Burgers, Sandwiches, Seafood, Steaks, Chicken, Ribs & Much More *Homemade Desserts & Delicious Ice Cream Creations *Good Old Country Cooking *An Eclectic Decor With Nostalgia From The Last 50 Years *Banquet Room With Seating Up To 40 for Private Parties *Diner Counter with 8 Stools *Ice Cream Shop *Candy Store *Outdoor Patio
Morganton, North Carolina
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The only thing I can say nice is the waitress was good. The menu selection was poor. The food wasn't that good. I definitley will not be going there again.

Wayne A, Owner at Abele's Family Restaurant, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I am sorry you had a bad visit to our restaurant. We try hard and if there was anything we can do better let us know. We pride ourselves on a large menu with lots of variety. We hope to hear from you

Lexington, North Carolina, United States
“Great breakfast buffet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I stopped here at my parents recommendation while on the way to visit Biltmore Estate - have been back since on our own. Plan to go again soon! Can't beat the value and price - great breakfast buffet!

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, price, and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The food was so yummy. My husband and I drove to this restaurant from Charlotte 2 days in a row when he was off of work! The coconut cream is the best I have eaten anywhere! The vegetable bar had many choices and even had fried okra! I can't wait to go back! Oh and the Bison burger I would recommend over regular hamburger meat any day....so tasty!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Smyrna
“ern Home-style Country Cooking at its Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Arrived on a Labor Day Monday at 10:00 a.m.; stood in line for only 8 minutes before being seated. A local told me that I should try the breakfast bar for my first visit. Normally I wouldn’t partake of a breakfast bar because I like my eggs freshly cooked…but this is not the case at Abele’s. The price of the BB also includes eggs cooked to order, fresh toast and hot pancakes …just order them through your server. Something for everyone with a huge selection. The brown gravy is a must; …from scratch with a bacon rue base. Exhaustive meat selection…even scrapple, fried bologna, “city” ham (sugar cured) and pieces of authentic salt cured “country ham.” The menu looked good and will when I return to the area will try come of the menu specialties. Regardless, Abele’s is Southern Home-style Country Cooking at its best.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wayne A, Owner at Abele's Family Restaurant, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your nice review and the pics!!!
Morganton, North Carolina
“Family Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Nice family owned restaurant. Good portions and very pleasant atmosphere. Prices are exceptional too.

Visited July 2012