We stayed five nights here on a last minute visit to North Carolina. We like the Atlantic Beach area, especially with a kid, for the variety of things to do. Researching options for a less than full week stay, we decided to look for a place with a pool, even if not on the beach. The Quality Inn offered a rate well under alternatives that were in the$150 - $200 a night range.
In return, we got a basic, but large king bedroom with a rollaway in an aging motel with exterior doors. It's been rebranded as a Quality Inn from a Comfort Inn, reflecting its age and design. You should check reviews under Comfort Inn and Quality Hotel for this property as well. However, it's largely well maintained and very well staffed. It has an ample, clean pool that does very well for relaxing in the late afternoon despite being on the main highway into town.
The rooms are clean, though basic motel style. Ours was large enough to put the rollaway in a corner. No charge for the rollaway, by the way. Housecleaning was thorough and I noticed constant attendance to the exterior of the hotel, the pool and the breakfast room. We were trapped by rainstorms on occasion and were quite comfortable hanging out in our room. The TV has dozens of channels and the free wireless Internet service is quite strong. The free breakfast is a step below a Comfort Suites, but not by much. It has make-your-own waffles and microwaveable sausage biscuits in a addition to breads, coffee and juice. Breakfast is well attended by friendly staff.
The location is worth noting as well, While you sacrifice being on the beach by staying here, it's central for many of the attractions in the area including Atlantic Beach, Beaufort, Fort Macon State Park (for great beach facilities) and the various supplies one needs on vacation. We've stayed farther down the Bogue Banks before and, while enjoying immensely the proximity to the beach, we were always in the car to get to restaurants and supplies.
If you're looking for a way to do the North Carolina beaches on the cheap, this is a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Inn is centrally located on U.S. Highway 70 and just minutes to many major attractions. Our Morehead City hotel is in close proximity to Fort Macon State Park, North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores, Crystal Coast Civic Center and historic Beaufort. The Cherry Point Marine Corps Air Station is just 15 miles away. Visitors will enjoy local beaches and outdoor recreational activities such as golfing, fishing, tours of Cape Lookout National Seashore and Lighthouse. Browse a wide variety of museums and specialty shops located in the surrounding area and dine at one of several nearby restaurants. Our hotel offers our guests free wireless internet service in all rooms, a Business Center located in the lobby & access to fax service. Each morning you can enjoy a hot continental breakfast in our hotel lobby. In the afternoon & evening, one can relax at our outdoor seasonal pool. We also offer our business travelers competitive corporate rates. The Quality Inn is your gateway to the Crystal Coast. From the moment you arrive, you are greeted with the warmth of southern hospitality in a setting of affordable luxury. Whether traveling to the Morehead City area for business or pleasure, the hotel's friendly staff looks forward to meeting your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Quality Inn Morehead City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morehead City Comfort Inn
- Quality Hotel Morehead City