“Sorry I didn't try it sooner ...” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Water Views
Marlton, NJ
“Sorry I didn't try it sooner ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Have been driving by this place for more than five years; each year saying I would stop. But never did. The drive into town seems a bit off the beaten path from the beach, but it really isn't. So we finally went there this week, and it was amazing! We shared the crab and avocado appetizer and I was blown away! The presentation was amazing and the taste was sublime. Chunks of avocado and huge chunks of crab, in a light dressing, served with homemade bread toast points. Yum, yum, yum!!!! I will go back and have that for a linchpin entree. It was fabulous. I had the house special grouper and my husband ad the special red drum. They were different; but both were excellent. The crime brûlée was tasty as well. My only criticism - and it is a tiny one - the crime brûlée was served in a dish that was too tall and deep. Less custard and more brûlée would have appealed to me more. But it was still yummy. We will be back on our next visit to the Crystal Coast!

Visited September 2013

Morehead City, North Carolina
“Still one of my favorite fine dining restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Back after two years out of the country, I'm still impressed. Libby still runs an efficient operation, Tim still works his magic in the kitchen and Buddy always makes you feel special at the table. My guests and I have always had memorable meals here from fresh seafood to beef dishes, all with tasty side dishes. Glad I'm back to enjoy each opportunity to dine here.

San Diego, California
“Cheesy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I was quite surprised when I walked into this restaurant. I felt like a time traveler who had gone back to the 1940's or 50's and ended up in a cheesy lounge. The crooner at the piano, the dark, heavy velvet drapes - everything screamed cheesy and fake. Since I was alone I decided to just eat at the bar. The bartenders were very nice. The salad was great. But I couldn't wait to leave! I won't be going back.

• 2 of 5 stars
Princeton, NJ
“Nice Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great seafood and very consistant quality. My favorates are anything with Grouper or Trigger fish. We were a group of 15 and no problems with service.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank j2bfisher
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very good local seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant has one up and one down.

On the upside the food is very good and the portions are just the right size. We ate two times while visiting the area and had local catches both nights. The fish was expertly prepared. The restaurant also has a wide variety of cocktails.

On the downside - we waited two hours (yes) for our food; but it was partially our fault for not having reservations on a Saturday night during peak beach season. So, it's recommended to arrive early if possible with advanced reservations.