“Cheesy” 3 of 5 stars

Description: Water Views
Dodgeville
“Cheesy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was quite surprised when I walked into this restaurant. I felt like a time traveler who had gone back to the 1940's or 50's and ended up in a cheesy lounge. The crooner at the piano, the dark, heavy velvet drapes - everything screamed cheesy and fake. Since I was alone I decided to just eat at the bar. The bartenders were very nice. The salad was great. But I couldn't wait to leave! I won't be going back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Princeton, NJ
“Nice Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great seafood and very consistant quality. My favorates are anything with Grouper or Trigger fish. We were a group of 15 and no problems with service.

Visited July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very good local seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant has one up and one down.

On the upside the food is very good and the portions are just the right size. We ate two times while visiting the area and had local catches both nights. The fish was expertly prepared. The restaurant also has a wide variety of cocktails.

On the downside - we waited two hours (yes) for our food; but it was partially our fault for not having reservations on a Saturday night during peak beach season. So, it's recommended to arrive early if possible with advanced reservations.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Morehead City, North Carolina
“Pls. accept our sincere apologies...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am going to use Tripadvisor & other sites to help me locate a couple that tried to dine w/us on Sat., June 29, 2013 @ after 8 p.m. First of all, I feel so terrible that you left my restaurant w/out an acknowledgement from me, the owner. I found out at least an hour after you walked out due to the long wait for your entrees...It was totally our fault since the kitchen lost your food ticket after it was rang in by your server...After some time, she told me she realized you two had not r/c your entrees & went to check...That is when they discovered the food tix was not in the "window." She thought she had handled the mishap by telling the kitchen to expedite it but I was never informed so I could explain to you the situation & comp the meals for you...After telling you that your meals would be up in a few minutes (probably @ least 12-15 minutes since that is how long it takes to prepare the dishes you ordered), she saw you leave when she was @ another table...Again, I was not informed of you leaving...I actually remember seeing you 2 sitting @ the table thinking you were kicked back enjoying the Jazz sax after eating your dinner...never thinking you had not received them...If you see this, pls. contact me, Libby Eaton, the owner so I can make it up to you & do what I should have in the first place...Comp your meals...Again, I apologize for our oversight...We strife to do better than this...

Visited June 2013
ForsythCounty, NC
“Another Very Good Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our party of ten enjoyed a very good meal at Bistro by the Sea last Wednesday, June 19. During our annual trips to the beach, we have eaten at this restaurant approximately every other summer during the past 14 years. Six of the seven times Buddy was our server, and he never fails to be pleasant, knowledgeable about the menu, and efficient in presenting the meals. Our choices included fresh salads, crab bisque, crab cakes, swordfish, lobster, herb crusted lionfish, filet mignon, and glazed beef tips. The food met or exceeded our expectations, which are based on never having had less than a good dining experience at this establishment run by Libby Eaton and Chef Tim Coyne.

• Visited June 2013