“Pls. accept our sincere apologies...” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Water Views
Morehead City, North Carolina
“Pls. accept our sincere apologies...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am going to use Tripadvisor & other sites to help me locate a couple that tried to dine w/us on Sat., June 29, 2013 @ after 8 p.m. First of all, I feel so terrible that you left my restaurant w/out an acknowledgement from me, the owner. I found out at least an hour after you walked out due to the long wait for your entrees...It was totally our fault since the kitchen lost your food ticket after it was rang in by your server...After some time, she told me she realized you two had not r/c your entrees & went to check...That is when they discovered the food tix was not in the "window." She thought she had handled the mishap by telling the kitchen to expedite it but I was never informed so I could explain to you the situation & comp the meals for you...After telling you that your meals would be up in a few minutes (probably @ least 12-15 minutes since that is how long it takes to prepare the dishes you ordered), she saw you leave when she was @ another table...Again, I was not informed of you leaving...I actually remember seeing you 2 sitting @ the table thinking you were kicked back enjoying the Jazz sax after eating your dinner...never thinking you had not received them...If you see this, pls. contact me, Libby Eaton, the owner so I can make it up to you & do what I should have in the first place...Comp your meals...Again, I apologize for our oversight...We strife to do better than this...

Visited June 2013

79% Recommend
ForsythCounty, NC
“Another Very Good Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our party of ten enjoyed a very good meal at Bistro by the Sea last Wednesday, June 19. During our annual trips to the beach, we have eaten at this restaurant approximately every other summer during the past 14 years. Six of the seven times Buddy was our server, and he never fails to be pleasant, knowledgeable about the menu, and efficient in presenting the meals. Our choices included fresh salads, crab bisque, crab cakes, swordfish, lobster, herb crusted lionfish, filet mignon, and glazed beef tips. The food met or exceeded our expectations, which are based on never having had less than a good dining experience at this establishment run by Libby Eaton and Chef Tim Coyne.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have not been to this restaurant in many years and I didn't remember it being so great. Went this past week and it was GREAT! Even my husband raved about his baked grouper and shrimp in a creamy dill sauce. I had their chicken with almonds and it was also great. The accompanied special mashed potatoes were awesome and the portions were large. The other two couples loved their dinners and we shared two bottles of wine from NC. The wine was inexpensive and surprisingly quite good. Don't remember the name; it was a merlot.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Merritt Island, Florida
“Fantastic seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

There was nothing I disliked, except the fact that this place isn't near me in Florida! Great staff, beautiful bay view, and a great menu! Most of the offerings are locally caught which is great for the economy! The preperation & presentation was superb. I had a small cxup of the crab bisque & a herb encrusted grilled triggerfish with a light dusting of a honey dijon sauce along with redskin potatos. When served, the meal also came with hot bread & the dinner was plated without a streak or smear of sauce on the edges (obviously I'm a foodie huh? ) and the taste was excellent! I did not have enough room for desert but all items sounded divine as well. From vanilla creme brulee, to key lime, to chocolate cake with a rich buttercreme icing & more! I will definately eat here again! I found it to be well priced for market fresh items! MOst entrees ranged from $15-$29, again depending on local market pricing for fresh locally caught food!

Visited June 2013
Cape Carteret, North Carolina
“Very Nice......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The food was very good, I had Prime Rib and the Service was excellent.....I enjoyed the ambiance also.

Visited September 2012