“No wonder they are in the top five in Morehead City” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Morehead City
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The atmosphere at Floyds is half the dining experience. Housed in one of Morehead City's finest historic homes, Floyds offers intimate dining for two up to private rooms for small dinners or lunches. You can meet many of Floyds regulars at the bar where you can enjoy a mixed drink, cold beer, or some of the finest wines offered on the Crystal Coast.Planning a wedding or coporate event? Let Floyd's satisfy your guests with a distinctive and mouth-watering catering menu. Their professional staff will work with you to customize a menu for any occasion.Just in Time for Summer: Our Fabulous New Patio is Now Open!Come join us on our new outdoor patio for drinks or dinner while you listen to live music. Enjoy the season's games on our TV while eating some of Floyd's savory wings at the bar or at the fire pits. Whether its a bucket of beer or a specialty Martini by Jon Besch, no reservations are required. Just stop by, relax, and enjoy the outdoors at Floyds.Patio Hours: Tuesday through Friday, 3 PM to close.Saturday and Sunday: noon to close.
“No wonder they are in the top five in Morehead City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I've heard about Floyd's fro advertisements on the local talk radio but for 8 years never visited until 11/23/13 when my wife and I went there for a late lunch. It was the best time of the year(no summer beach crowds) and the best time of day (2:00 pm no lunch crowd). We both had tomato bisque, my wife a cup, me a bowl. It was hot like soup should be and was the best bisque/soup I've had in any resturant. I hesitated to munch on the cornbread since I'm trying to wean myself off grains but that was the best cornbread I've ever had, orange zest, nutmeg? Terrific. We both had salads the wife had fried oyster on spinach, I had shrimp on mixed greens. Perfect lunch, great service and shared some common stories/places with our server. Thank you trip advisor and past patrons. Newbies: you need to go to Floyd's. We will go again.

• Visited November 2013

Green Cove Springs FL
“Not disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

As strangers traveling along the coast, we were counting on other reviewers to point us in a good direction for dinner and they didn't let us down. We found the atmosphere here at Floyd's 1921 warm and friendly, with an inviting patio and folks being served cocktails by a fire pit. We sat inside, at the bar where the bartender joined in quiet conversation with us and the couple sitting next to us. The specials and all menu items were interesting and reasonably priced, and all was tasty as well. The German specialties weren't really to my liking, but the bratwurst with sour kraut and hot German potatoes were just the comfort foods my husband needed after a long drive. For me, the salad (all dressings are made in-house) and homemade mac and cheese appetizer were just right. Later, the chef came out to show off all his made-on-site desserts, beautiful as well as delicious. I had them box up a portion of the Baileys and Chocolate Mousse for me to go. There's justifiable pride here, and we'll remember that and be sure to tell others.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SE USA
“As Yummy As Eating with Mom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

..if Mom were a great cook. Whenever I want a great helping of Southern comfort food, it's to Floyds I head. Their meatloaf is superb, as are their liver n' onions and salad with fried oysters. Their rendition of a Cuban sandwich is huge.

The bread basket comes with wonderful melt-in-you-mouth muffin rolls perked up with citrus, and the ice tea glass is kept full. Because their lunch and dinner portions are more than ample--just like Mom's--I often take home half for another meal. I must add that the owners and staff are so warm-hearted and welcoming, it really is like going to Mom's.

A new outdoor dining area with fire pits is a lively scene for nighttime music and al fresco dining.

I think you cannot go wrong with dining at Floyds. I always leave happy and full of Southern comfort.

• Visited October 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Went to Floyd's 1921 on Friday, 10/11, for dinner & was sadly disappointed. We arrived for our 7pm reservation & were promptly taken to our table, however, it was located right next to the busy kitchen entrance. And, to make matters worse, there was a vent under our table blowing cold air. Bummed at the circumstances, my husband asked if we could be moved to another table, but unfortunately, there wasn't one. Explaining to the server that it was our 20th anniversary (which I had told the lady over the phone when I made the reservation), I will say they were nice about figuring out an alternative. After several minutes, the owner/manager (not sure which) was kind enough to apologize for the seating situation & told us we would be taken to a private room upstairs. He said it would be quiet & romantic & we'd have it all to ourselves.

Our waiter, Will, was very nice & knowledgable of the menu. We started with their Tomato Crab Bisque soup which was a big let down. If there was crab in it, I didn't taste nor see any. My husband went with the salmon & scallops over angel hair pasta & was very pleased. I chose the shrimp & grits & while the shrimp were cooked to perfection, I felt as though it contained too many red peppers for my liking. Overall, a very good dish, however.

So, I'd say the food at Floyd's 1921 is very good. Will was a good server, but being upstairs we often felt forgotten. It wasn't romantic or quaint as the lights weren't dimmed & our view was basically a parking lot. I'd say something is lost in the dining experience when you're not alongside other folks.

I will say Floyd's has a lovely patio out front complete with a fire pit that would be a nice place to hang out & have drinks. The atmosphere inside the restaurant seemed cozy; we just didn't get to enjoy it. Would I go there again? Probably not. There's too many other great options in the MHC-Beaufort-Atlantic Beach area.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“A really fine restaurant in a redone old home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Excellent service with plenty of food for the price which we thought was excellent. Some places have a better view, but few places in the area have equal food. They have recently added a new area outside where their front parking lot used to be; yet, they still have excellent close by parking. Our long-time employed server did a wonderful job and the menu is very broad.

• Visited September 2013