“Overcooked” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Overcooked”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Our first time here. The appetizers tasted bland. The calamari lost its batter while deep fried and was dripping with oil. My fish was overcooked and tasted like mashed baby food. FYI ever had real Greek food? They don't serve that. The taziki lacked salt, cucumber and garlic. The waitress came by to check if we we're fine which is their job but when checked on every 2 minutes it gets annoying and we just wanted to leave as quickly as possible. Maybe that's what they wanted?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Mocassin Gap, NC
“Consistently outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Fresh seafood prepared in exceptional ways! If you're spending a weekend in the Morehead area, start off with Mythos on the Downtown Waterfront.......that way you have the opportunity to do it twice in one weekend. You "will" want to go back and try their other dishes. I now make it a part of every trip to Morehead City now because it is consistently great, including the service and hospitality from their top-drawer staff. You won't be disappointed.

Morehead City, North Carolina
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My second experience at Mythos was tonight, 8/05/13. I thought the first meal was superb, but tonight even beat that. First off, Tess's picture must be in the dictionary next to the definition for great, friendly service. Then, the Chef can re-create any of his outstanding recipes to suit individual tastes or desires (or allergies), with pleasure, and to great ends. I haven't found any place in Morehead City or the area who can cook local seafood with such finesse. I took my mother-in-law for her birthday (a women in the industry her entire life) and she gave Mythos 5 stars! You just cannot beat the waterfront dining. Thanks, Mythos!

Lansing, West Virginia
“WOW!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Okay folks I have gone through my cooling off period (3-days) and have decide i must write about our pathetic meal at Mythos. We went on a Thursday evening July 18, 2013, around 5:30, and we were greeted with a friendly smile. We soon realized this was fake and started to feel the waitress really didn't want bothered doing her job that evening. We ordered appetizers and i will admit they were very good (3-dip and crab dip). We gave the waitress our orders and enjoyed the appetizers, Soon out came ONE meal the seafood platter and two plates of the sides, mashed potatoes and two slices of zucchini. The waitress said our meals would be out soon she though the crab legs were done but they were not. After at least 15-minutes those with food in front of them started to eat as the food was getting runny and cold. FINALLY the remaining meals and entries were served. Two of us had crab legs....nothing to brag about here. I had the stuffed flounder (was very good) even though it was slapped down on a bed of mashed potatoes in a grotesque manner. Wife had the lasagna (doesn't like seafood) It WAS horrible (Pizza hut could do better) Four adults and one child $184.00 bill not bad but this entire meal wasn't worth $75.00 and as a matter of fact the $75.00 box restaurants would have been a better meal.

Good luck and enjoy if you eat here. I personally hope this review turns away 25 or more potential customers who each turn away that many themselves, this place needs to go out of business

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
“Mythos is superb.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We eat at Mythos frequently and the food and staff are wonderful.
I had a surprise birthday for my wife- the food drew raves from our guests, the same reaction we have when eating there.

• Visited July 2013