We arrived after the posted check-in time, with a reservation that was made well (like a month) in advance, yet still had to wait around 20 minutes after talking with the front desk attendant before we could go up to our room. When in the room, the shower curtain is so short that if you're not careful a piece of it will end up on top of the lip of the tub. I ended up having to sop up a bunch of water after getting out of the shower as a result. The bed sheets came up off the bed at all four corners when me and my girlfriend laid down, and kept coming up through the night. The vending machine on the second floor doesn't dispense change, and while the front desk reimbursed me, it sort of negates the convenience of an on-floor vending machine to have to go all the way to the store in the lobby for your change. The fridge in the room didn't keep the food we put in it very cold at all. The breakfast was kind of lame. The waffle maker (which is the same waffle maker you'll find at any Hampton) either got too hot, or cooked too long, as both my and my girlfriend waffles stuck to the machine and came out in clumps. The two hot items on offer were bagel toppers, which are really good, and sausage gravy, which I didn't get to try because it was missing. There are no individual cartons of milk, you have two big jugs, which I declined to use. The view from the dining area is pretty nice, though. The coffee on offer in the lobby is also good, and there's plenty of choice in creamer/coffee mate, there's also a bunch of different types of tea, all free to guests.
Overall it wasn't a bad stay, and I'd give it another try, but all these small things stop me from being able to just say, "yeah, it was nice", and instead I have to say,"well, it was alright, but...".
I wouldn't turn you away, but I wouldn't recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Hampton Inn Morehead City is located only a few miles from Atlantic Beach, with amazing views of the Intra-Coastal Waterway. Our hotel offers 119 always clean and comfortable guestrooms, plenty of meeting space for events, a fitness center, outdoor pool, and complimentary breakfast each morning. There are plenty of outdoor activities near our hotel, including golfing, deep sea fishing, sailing, parks and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn Morehead City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Morehead City Hotel Morehead City
- Morehead City Hampton Inn