“Hampton Inn is always a safe choice!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$50 Dinner for Two
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Morehead City
“Hampton Inn is always a safe choice!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Hampton Inns are always a wise choice. This one has a nice view too! Positives - great staff, good breakfast, clean rooms, etc. Only two negatives. First, there is a smoking floor and there are floors above it that get to partake in the smoky aura as well. Whose brilliant idea was in to put the smoking floor in the middle of the hotel? Do hotels still allow smoking as it is?! We had to switch rooms because our first one was stinky. Second negative is that they do not have washing machines. We were there for a baseball tournament and needed to wash uniforms. Don't ever need a washer otherwise.

• Stayed July 2012

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Signal Hill, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Hotel has great views of the bay. Staff is friendly, complimentary breakfast was extensive and the hotel was very clean. Price is a little high but your best bet in the area. The beds are much firmer than other Hamptons I have stayed at. Rooms are modern with fridge, flat screen TV, and fresh linens. I would stay here again. Restaurant next door is awesome.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Far exceeded our expectations. We came here as part of our vacation, going to the Cape Lookout lighthouse. We had reserved a room with two double beds, but we were upgraded to a suite. The staff were courteous and attentive to all our needs.

• Stayed August 2012
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel was very clean, nice decor and excellent service. We were truly pleased. They thought of everything such as refrigerator, microwave, and night light. We spent only one weekend night. It was a bit pricey ($209). Week day rates and walk in rates are lower. The rooms have water view, but no water access. in summary, we would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwalk, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed Aug.6th -8th 2012 it was great.We had a room with a water view.The view was great the second day we were there there was an awesome rainbow from our view.The hotel was nice and clean and the staff was great.The breakfast was good so was the coffee.You are just minutes from Atlantic Beach were there is an aquarium and public beaches to swim.There is plenty of restaurants and shopping to.I would stay there again and would recommend it to anybody.

Room Tip: I have no complaints it was great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Luzern
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had booked the hotel after consulting Tripadvisor and stayed just for a night.
Reception and service were impeccable. The room was big enough for us as a family (2 teens) for 1 night. Unfortunately the a/c blew directly on one of the beds. Breakfast was better and richer than we had expected, too bad you have to eat from plastic dishes.
All in all we had a nice stay, nothing to compain about.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

I called to book this hotel over a month ago for my staff who were attending a training in the area. I called and reserved four rooms and received an email confirmation. Last night I called to ask the hotel a question. When I gave my confirmation number, I found that my reservation for six had been canceled. I was told that someone had canceled the reservation in house and they could not help me. I had never called to cancel. If you book a room at this hotel, don't expect it to be waiting for you when you get there.

After three hours of questions and being passed around and calling the Hampton Inn customer service number, I was still blown off, told they could not help me, and the issue was never resolved. Due to the state conference happening near by, I could not find a another hotel within 20 miles. We had to drive 30 minutes to get to the conference instead of being where I had made the reservation. Even if they give you a confirmation number, don't trust them. Obviously I cannot speak to my stay there since they gave my rooms away, but I can say proceed carefully!

Stayed July 2012

Been to Hampton Inn Morehead City? Share your experiences!