“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morehead City
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel was very clean, nice decor and excellent service. We were truly pleased. They thought of everything such as refrigerator, microwave, and night light. We spent only one weekend night. It was a bit pricey ($209). Week day rates and walk in rates are lower. The rooms have water view, but no water access. in summary, we would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Norwalk, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed Aug.6th -8th 2012 it was great.We had a room with a water view.The view was great the second day we were there there was an awesome rainbow from our view.The hotel was nice and clean and the staff was great.The breakfast was good so was the coffee.You are just minutes from Atlantic Beach were there is an aquarium and public beaches to swim.There is plenty of restaurants and shopping to.I would stay there again and would recommend it to anybody.

Room Tip: I have no complaints it was great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Luzern
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had booked the hotel after consulting Tripadvisor and stayed just for a night.
Reception and service were impeccable. The room was big enough for us as a family (2 teens) for 1 night. Unfortunately the a/c blew directly on one of the beds. Breakfast was better and richer than we had expected, too bad you have to eat from plastic dishes.
All in all we had a nice stay, nothing to compain about.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

I called to book this hotel over a month ago for my staff who were attending a training in the area. I called and reserved four rooms and received an email confirmation. Last night I called to ask the hotel a question. When I gave my confirmation number, I found that my reservation for six had been canceled. I was told that someone had canceled the reservation in house and they could not help me. I had never called to cancel. If you book a room at this hotel, don't expect it to be waiting for you when you get there.

After three hours of questions and being passed around and calling the Hampton Inn customer service number, I was still blown off, told they could not help me, and the issue was never resolved. Due to the state conference happening near by, I could not find a another hotel within 20 miles. We had to drive 30 minutes to get to the conference instead of being where I had made the reservation. Even if they give you a confirmation number, don't trust them. Obviously I cannot speak to my stay there since they gave my rooms away, but I can say proceed carefully!

Stayed July 2012
Greenville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We decided at the last minute to go to Beaufort Grocery Company to celebrate an anniversary. To make it simple, we booked a king, non-smoking at the Hampton Inn, Morehead City and thought that we would just take a taxi over the bridge to the restaurant and back so that we could enjoy ourselves. Now we are GOLD with Hilton, so that tells you that we patronize a lot of their properties. In my preferences, I always ask for a high floor, away from the elevator. I thought this would be particularly good at this property since we would be able to look out the window and see the inner-coastal waterway that is located behind the Hampton. When we got there at around 5:30 p.m., we were assigned to a first-floor room just off the loby. When I questioned that, I was told that was the only room available but they may have another room as per our request in a couple hours. Huh? But in their defense, the desk clerk was having a conversation about something that occurred the prior weekend at her home with the maintenance guy. As she shut me down, she then went back to that conversation completely oblivious to me. She coulod have cared less. So after a great experience at dinner and a sleepy night, we get up the next morning to find a less-than-clean, less than good eating area. We just left. This Hampton just doesn't live up to the hard work of so many other Hilton properties. What a shame.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I am beginning to wonder who wrote all of the positive reviews for this hotel. We had reservations for the weekend following July 4th for a much needed "beach break". We arrived at the hotel at about 10 pm or so and the red flags began to fly as soon as we walked in the front door. The lobby / breakfast area was filthy. There was all over the floor where people were coming in and out of the doors, all of the trash cans were overflowing, there were empty pizza boxes and other trash all over the tables and even some on the floor. There was no one at the front desk. We waited a couple of minutes and even called the hotel. No one came nor answered the phone. After about 10 minutes, the female clerk finally came to the desk (smelling of smoke) and greeted us by saying..."yes". There was no apology or anything like that. We checked in and went to our room. YIKES! The room smelled, had debris on the floor, two waterbugs were crawling on the wall, and there was a dead one in the bathroom. There was no way we were going to stay at the hotel. We went back downstairs, and the clerk was actually at the desk. We informed her of the problems and that we were not staying as we were going to another hotel, She actually said that we might get charged because we were past the cancellation policy. What? We went down the street to the Holiday Inn (paid a little less) and had a great time there. Did not get charged for the fee for not staying so they actually did that right. Will not be back to that hotel when in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

If I had written this review as soon as I left the hotel it would have been terrible. I was highly irritated with the staff at check-in and housekeeping. The biggest issue was they were 'out of pillows' when I called to get one for the pullout sofa bed. Which should never happen at a hotel anywhere......

BUT, that being said, when I complained after arriving home. The manager called me and assured me and apologized. I was refunded for the stay (I had redeemed HHonors points for the stay). Because of the response, I can easily forgive and may return if in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Morehead City? Share your experiences!