“Closed” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Charlotte, NC
“Closed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

As of summer 2013, this (the last of the three Vinnie's) is closed. A shame, I think. Back in the day, they were happening places. Cheap oysters on the half shell, cheap beer, yum! Sad to see them go.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Huntersville, North Carolina
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Hopefully the owner will sell this place and someone who cares will take over and make the most of this prime location on Lake Norman. It could be such a great place.

My husband, young daughter, her young friend, and myself sat on the patio. We wanted to celebrate her birthday at place with outdoor dining at the lake. No hostess, seat yourself. No one to bus tables. Many of the plastic chairs are broken with sharp plastic edges exposed. Two waitresses were hustling and trying hard. Ours was just overwhelmed. It is obvious the owner does not care about the service or skills of his waitstaff, just as long as they are young and look good in short shorts. Waited over 20 minutes with no one approaching our table. Our supposed waitress kept going to the table next to us. When she finally decided to come to our table she never came back with our beverages. I went inside and she was just too busy with her other tables and she was giving our table to the other waitress. Not sure who that was or if it happened. 10 minutes later I went to the bar and asked to speak to a manager. The bartender said whats the problem...I explained. I placed my drink order at the bar and served my table. A woman who was most likely off shift and possible the lead lunch waitress was holding a young child and talking to friends at the bar. She said she could place my order. I came back in twice. She had her young child with her then behind the counter near the kitchen. I pushed my own food order through. Talking to the cooks telling them what I was still waiting for...and served my family. A table next suggested that the restaurant should put me on payroll. lol

My husband complained to the bartender as we left who said that there was no manager on duty and that he was actually the security guy / bouncer who got pulled behind the bar to bartend. He could not find our ticket and said we could leave without paying.

There were so many people not being served and the place was so understaffed that I cannot believe this place stays open. The bathrooms were dirty and in much need of renovation. We would have left but my daughter and friend were so hungry I pushed hard to get their food. We will never return until we here that it is under new management.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Nice place on the Lake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great bar area, wonderful deck on the lake to sit and drink, eat, shoot a few oysters and even have a great lunch or dinner. Always has at least one beer on "$1" special. Great girls to wait on you and excellent seafood. Love it when they have their oyster shooters on special...very fresh and sweet.

Visited March 2013
“The franchise owner is clueless and will lose this restaurant if he continues to sit at bar drinking tequila sunrises while cus”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Service, food, atmosphere, cleanliness, manager/franchise owner all rock bottom. Very disappointing dining experience. Too bad since location alone makes it a prime spot for a good restaurant.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“F Rated with BBB, other sites out of business. AVOID”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

DO NOT GO HERE! they are the ONLY place I've ever seen with an F RATING AT THE BB... Explains a lot. Too bad we found out after a bad experience. Ding-dongs work here, food is unbelievably terrible. Never again! If you want a drink or crappy food on the lake go elsewhere. BTW, their other locations have gone out of business... only a matter of time.

Visited January 2013