“Food was good, but...” 3 of 5 stars

704-660-1066
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Al Gusto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 209 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Food was good, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I ordered the Sea Bass and it was good but the special should not be 80% more than the regular fair. I did not expect the special to do that expensive. BE SURE to ask the price of the specials, Always.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

North Carolina
“great atmosphere, good presentation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

It's been years since I was in this building when it housed another restaurant. I loved the place - looks as good as ever. I stopped for lunch - love Italian food & am Italian. The salad, wine & bread were excellent. I chose cheese ravioli in marinara sauce. I think you can tell the quality of a place by their sauce. I'd give the tomato sauce a B = a little too thin, shiny & sweet for my taste more like a frozen dinner sauce. I like a hearty tomato sauce. But that's me. I'd give it another try. I hope they do well. Good service but I was the only one there. It was after the lunch hour.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Family dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Service was excellent and food was delicious! Will definitely come here again when we are in the area

Davidson, North Carolina
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Last night four of us celebrated a birthday at Trattoria Al Gusto. It was our first time there and definitely won't be our last. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly, the menu has lots of good choices at reasonable prices, and the specials -- although more expensive than menu items, as one might expect -- were awesome. The first bottle of wine we ordered was not good and they immediately and with no fuss removed it and let us choose something else. Overall it was a lovely dining experience and we look foward to going there again. The odd thing is that for a Friday evening, the place was almost emptly. I see that some reviewers did not have a good experience, and as this restaurant is still fairly new, maybe people are waiting to see what happens. I encourage everyone to try it; it's a great location in a lovely old church -- don't let this restaurant fail because of lack of business!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great evening meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stopped by on a whim. Were dressed very casually so wee were not sure we should stay with a more formal dining table (cloth) but we are so glad we did. Neat atmosphere and wasn't noisy. They didn't seem to mind our jeans and went straight to work serving us some wonderful breads and pesto - our preference was for the soft focaccia. Pasta dish was simple but oh so good. Firm al dente but the fresh mozzarella and flavor of sauce was wonderful. Appetizer was a platter full of cantaloupe prosciutto, cheeses and fruit also wonderful. We have tried Caesar and tiramisu everywhere. Caesar fresh but cut up too small and dressing was light creamy Italian instead if the anchovy kick you normally get. They also add fresh tomatoes which we like but know others don't. Dessert was soft but lacked flavor to justify calories - needed more Kahlua and sweeter filling. Although simple wines by the glass - we thought ample and tasty. Service by multiple people - all professional and attentive, without being overpowering. We look forward to another visit.

• Visited April 2014