“Visit Epic, chop chop! It's that good!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Davidson, North Carolina
“Visit Epic, chop chop! It's that good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We just had an incredible meal at Epic Chophouse in downtown Mooresville. While this upscale steak house is located in a very small town, it's got the feeling of an uptown eatery with its lovely surroundings, professional wait staff and really great and varied menu. You can eat in the main dining room, or, as we prefer, enjoy your meal in the vibrant bar. It's always busy at Epic, but there always seems to be room in the bar! Plus, they have the best happy hour prices on appetizers in town. Try the burger, it's incredible. But the steaks are really what Epic's all about.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

huntersville, nc
“Good first experience at Epic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I went to Epic over the weekend, as part of Restaurant Week when it's beneficial to check out restaurants you've never been to. So for $30, you get 3 course - selection was good. I started with caesar salad (I did have to ask for more parm, since there didn't seem to be much on it). He had the lobster bisque - good, very creamy (no lumps), rich! Entree, I had the NC trout - quite tasty, plentiful quantity! It had lobster bearnaise sauce, with sauteed asparagus, bacon-wrapped shrimp (didn't care for these, bacon wasn't really cooked). Side item I had the potato cake - good, and I'm not into starches. He had the prime rib - was seasoned nicely with s&p, baked potato. Desserts were good, and I don't eat desserts - I did try them both. We had gold brick sundae (local vanilla ice cream w/milk chocolate pecan shell over it) and the white chocolate bread pudding w/caramel bourbon sauce - both very tasty! Needless to say we did NOT leave still hungry, and took home much leftovers. Overall, we were very pleased with our experience, and would plan to go back. Being an older building, with much wood (floors, stairs, furniture), it tends to get loud. But I would recommended!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Lives up to its name”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have been here several times for special occasions. Our most recent trip, much like the others, did not disappoint. The entrees are very good--I enjoyed my sirloin, and my wife really liked her chicken pot pie--but the Shanghai shrimp and lobster bisque were the high points, with the bisque being maybe the best I've had anywhere. Even though it has been 5 months since this visit, I still remember the fantastic food, and hope we are able to go again soon.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
JimM809, Owner at Epic Chophouse, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
AERobNC, Thank you for stopping by again. Shanghai shrimp is one of my favorites too. Next time you are in ask for me!
Warmest Regards
King, North Carolina
“Delightful Dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our first dining experience at Epic. I loved the historic bldg and the atmosphere. The overall character and the decor of the restaurant was delightful and made our dining experience more enjoyable. Excellent wine selection and our food was very tasty. Wonderful service and we did not feel "rushed" at all.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
JimM809, Owner at Epic Chophouse, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Wanda S- Thank you for the great comments. Hope the first time will turn into many more great dining experiences.
Cincinnati
“Excellent Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Fantastic food. Great service and the atmosphere was perfect. Great selection on the menu. Definitely will be going back. (6 person date night with my two brothers and our wives...perfect!!!)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
JimM809, Owner at Epic Chophouse, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Lindsey,
That is not the way we like dining experiences to go. There are so many questions I have for you. Is there anyway that you could reach out to me by either email-jim@epicchophouse.com or phone Cell 704-890-3820. There is so much I could learn from your experience. Your first experience is what we strive for. Reading your second response almost made me think you ate at another restaurant. I thank you for your true concern for my business. Thank you for the time in posting your experience it is very through and I will look for the disconnect in my business from your first visit to your most current one. I look forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards