“Poorly run equals bad stay” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Mooresville
Palm Coast, Florida
“Poorly run equals bad stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We experienced loud and abusive next door neighbors, toilet malfunction, and when we asked for repair we were moved to a handicapped room that was in disrepair and smelly!! The room rate was stated incorrectly and we had to debate the issue as there were no records available at the front desk! I have travelled professionally for over thirty years and this by far one of the worst experiences I have ever had. The pool was allowed to stay open well after 9:00 PM which is a major violation of every insurance policy I have ever heard of in my thirty years as an insurance executive. In simple terms this place is a mess and I plan on stating so on every social media and travel site available to me.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Very clean hotel. Staff courteous and helpful. Gym and pool were smaller than expected; but they fit our needs and are very well kept. Hot breakfast had a good selection. Overall, good stay with many dining options.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Very convenient location right off of 77. The young man at the front desk, when we checked in, was very friendly. We had a 2 Queen room on the first floor. Our room, as well as the rest of the hotel, was very clean. Our beds were comfortable. The breakfast was great with plenty of options. The ONLY thing we were disappointed with was the pool. It was extremely small and had some trash floating in it when we got there. There was also some food on the ground that had attracted ants. The pool area could have used a little more attention. The kids were able to expel some energy at the pool, though, especially since we had it to ourselves at the time. I would stay here again for a quick overnight, as we did, just passing through. The most important thing to me was to have a clean, comfortable room, and that is what we got.

• Stayed July 2014
Bethlehem, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This wasn't my best experience at a hotel. The swimming pool was tiny. It was not large enough to swim in. More like wade. We also had to ask for towels. The hot tub was really a one person hot tub based on the placement of the faucet. If it was recessed like other hot tubs it would have been fine. The faucet didn't turn either to move out of the way. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. The hotel had a protective pad between the mattress and padded cover and sheet. It slid all night causing these ripples and bunches. Also the center of the bed was sunken. We discussed going home at 1:30am, but we didn't want to scare the babysitter by coming home in the middle of the night. We finally got to sleep at 3:30 and both woke with back pain. Maid service was very busy this morning because they started yelling "House Keeping!" at 8am. Our door had the do not disturb sign up, but that didn't keep them from being loud directly in front of our door. The vaccum began at 9 and we called the front dest, she stated she would talk with them, but the vaccuming continued. We just wanted to sleep since check out wasn't until 12 and we had such a rough night sleeping. The hallway was loud with guests, not much we could do about that besides putting pillows in front of the large gap under the door. We gave up and checked out at 10:30. We had planned on spending the day in the area, but rather we came home to get some sleep. We did talk with the front desk and they offered us $45 off our room cost and said they had new mattresses, but would talk with house keeping. We were looking for rest and relaxation and we didn't get it.

Room Tip: When we left the front desk told me that the 3rd floor is a more quiet place to stay, however hot tu...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tonya T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Faith77233,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn Mooresville during your recent trip to our area. Our newly renovated guest rooms feature brand new Beautyrest mattresses therefore, I was surprised to hear that you believe that they were uncomfortable and sunken in. We strive to keep the Fairfield Inn Mooresville a place that is clean and fresh. I understand your frustration in reference to the vacuum noise first thing in the morning and I apologize that you were not able to enjoy your stay. I am glad that we were able to make it right with the credit toward your room. It is our goal to give you the service that will make you want to return. Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to seeing you as a guest again soon.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for just an overnight stay on our way down to Florida. We checked in around 8 pm and the young man who was at the front desk was very nice and pleasant and made us feel very welcome. He showed us a room and told us that the hotel recently had some renovations made. The room was great, beds comfy, and we had no complaints about our stay there. Also the rate we paid was very good too. We would definately stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have stayed here several times over the last month. It has been a great experience every time. We did have one incident involving the bath faucet that would not turn off. No Problem!! the staff moved us and even upgraded us to the elite suite!! Awesome customer service. Super friendly staff. Will stay here every time we are in the area!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This has to be one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at. As a Military member, I usually stay at Fairfield Inn because of their great discounts. For this trip I was travelling with my brother-in-law (who is also miliatry), so I booked this place over a week in advance for two queen beds. The day before I was due to check in, they called to say that my room was no longer available. They claimed to have ''upgraded" us to a King suite, which was an old room with a king bed and a VERY uncomfortable pull out couch.. After playing rock paper Scissors, I was the unlucky loser to sleep on this travesty of a bed.. I can attest that I have slept in transient military quarters with more comfort. They basically gave our room away to someone that didn't have the discount so they could make an extra buck, without apology. Even more insulting is that they insisted on this king suite being an upgrade, which clearly did not meet our needs, and was a dirty old, outdated room. They refused to apologize or even just try to accomodate us otherwise... I will be avoiding this place like the plague, and would not recommend it to even my enemies....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Tonya T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Pierre F,

Thank you for being a loyal Fairfield Inn guest. Fairfield Inn Mooresville recognizes several branches of Government by offering deep discounts on our guestrooms. I understand that we may not have been able to accommodate your room type during your stay in our area. It is our goal to give our guest an experience that will make you want to return. I want to apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. We have just completed a full renovation. All sleeper sofas are brand new along with our beds, carpet and furniture. If you are in our area again , please give us another try.

Tonya Thompson

Been to Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman? Share your experiences!