“Not a bad stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Mooresville
Charleston, South Carolina
“Not a bad stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This year it seems I am spending more and more nights at FairField Inns. I must say this one is one of the best. Friendly staff, extremely clean and spacious rooms, FAST INTERNET. Overall this stay was fantastic. The only down side of the hotel is the restrooms are a little small. If you need lots of room you wont be happy. However, I will be back.

Room Tip: I was on teh 3rd floor and the room was fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tonya T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Mr. McMullen,

It is great news to know that you have been enjoying the Fairfield Inn brands during your recent travels. Our Fairfield Inn works diligently to provide great customer service, a clean room for relaxing and conveniences that will help make your stay a productive one. Our spacious guestrooms feature deluxe bedding, wireless high speed internet access, a separate vanity for privacy and all in a smoke-free environment. Guests may enjoy our deluxe complimentary hot breakfast. I appreciate your feedback and hope that you will stop in again when traveling to our area.

Tonya Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Peoria, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is in a good location. The employees were very helpful & friendly. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. It is an older hotel. Our room wasn't very spacious. There were not many electrical outlets for charging laptops & cell phones. I tried to iron a blouse but the ironing board cover just created more wrinkles. It was old & rigid. The hotel could use some updating/renovations. The beds (we had 2 queens) slept okay. I could not stay here more than a night or two. Reasonable rates but you get what you pay for... sometimes less.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Wendy,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn Mooresville during your recent trip to our area. We are conveniently located off Interstate 77 on exit 36. We have several shops, restaurants and entertainment within walking distance to the hotel. It is our goal to give you a room that it is clean, fresh and reflects our highest standard of quality. For a comfortable night sleep guest enjoy our plush Jamison mattresses. I am glad that you had a good experience with our customer service. We pride ourselves in providing exemplary customer service to our guest. I appreciate your feedback on how we can improve our guest experiences.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The signs are small, but did not have a problem finding it like other reviewers. It was clean and comfortable for the price, and offers a fair breakfast. The staff all seemed hospitable, though when I asked about driving time to a destination the front desk professed little local knowledge.
It is very close to the highway, and there is some traffic noise--which probably affects all the rooms. They should plant some fast growing trees around the property to serve as a barrier.
Lots of near-by stores and moderately priced food choices, as well as fast food.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Real Value Seeker,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn Mooresville during your recent trip to our area. It is our goal to give you an experience that will make you want to return and we pride ourselves in keeping our guestrooms clean. Our staff can provide our guest with several options for dining, shopping and entertainment. We provide several brochures and maps at the front desk for our guest convenience. We are visible off Interstate 77 at exit 36 and conveniently located just north of Charlotte. Our guest can enjoy quick access to the interstate on their way to their destinations. Again, it is our pleasure to be of service to you and we appreciate your feedback.

Zebulon, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

older property but the staff is very nice and if u are a road warrior like me the weekday light meals in lobby save u from from fighting traffic to go eat. if u are from out of the state it is hard find coming off I-77. this area is growing and traffic is awful all the time. worst part is beds were way too soft for me I like a firm bed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tonya T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn Mooresville during your recent trip to our area. The Mooresville area is rapidly growing everyday. There are several activites including our lake, our recreational parks, and several race teams that bring out of town guest to Mooresville. We work hard to give you the service that will make you want to return. We provide evening receptions on Tuesday and Wednesday which include light meals. Guest really enjoy the convenience of being able to enjoy a light meal without leaving the hotel. Our Jamison mattress have received great comments. It comes down to personal preferences on the firmness but, thank you for your feedback. Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn Mooresville and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Canuk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed there recently on the way south. Hotel is older and pretty tired but must say it was clean.
Other than that usual Fairfield amenities.
Probably the worst issue is that it's darn difficult to find...exiting I-77 and turning left and then trying to find the sign (the hotel is on the right side of the street which is one busy 4 laner) which is the size of a table placemat is frustrating to say the least...and then figuring out how to go the various restaurants in the area is another challenge even with a GPS...must say I made it to Applebees and it was very good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Tonya T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I want to thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn during your recent trip to our area. We are located off Interstate 77 at exit 36. The hotel is tucked quietly off highway 150 with state directional signs pointing the way. We have several restuarants in our shopping complex including Applebees, Pomodoros Italian, Shiki's, CiCi's, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Popey's and Eiko Habachi Grill. Our guest can enjoy several shops or enjoy movie which are in walking to the hotel. I appreciate your feedback in regards to your stay and we hope to see you again in the future. Sincerely-Tonya Thompson
Beachwood, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed at Fairfield Inn in Mooresville, North Carolina for 2 nights, December 7th and 8th, 2012 with a group there for an event at Davidson College. Very reasonable rates, near a great shopping center and close to gas stations and conveniently located just off of Route 77. A little tricky to find since it's easy to pass the turnoff once you get off the highway so be careful. Clean and nice sized rooms, delightful staff with a special shoutout to April at the front desk!! A marvelous area for breakfast in the morning with a wonderful array of fruits, cereals, and hot selections...great coffee!

Room Tip: I never like to stay on the ground floor...we stayed on 3 and quite convenient to elevators which we...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Goldsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My family stayed at the Mooresville Fairfield Inn for two nights for a family event. The only downside I've found: it is not very visible from Hwy 105, which is the direction we came from (not from I-77). I had to drive around some shopping center parking lots and service roads before I could get to it's parking lot. Once there, we found it to be a very good place to stay. All rooms are interior, it has a clean and modern look and feel to it. I reserved a double queen bed room for $89 and it was clean and spacious. The room was very quiet, even though we could see I-77 from our window. Very comfortable beds. Clean bathroom, nice microwave and fridge and it had an LCD TV (we didn't watch it). Breakfast was decent, with waffles you prepare yourself and biscuits you can microwave. I used the fitness room, which was not bad at all. It has two treadmiils, a crosstrainer, a step machine and a stationary cycle. The treadmills and crosstrainer had mini-TV's mounted on them that you can watch while using the equipment, which is a nice touch. Staff was friendly and I had no issues there. In fact, I was happy that when I asked, my Marriot rewards points were applied to my stay as I checked out. Some hotels give you a problem applying rewards points when you check out, and when you didn't make the reservation. This time there appeared to be no issues with that. We usually stay with family in Mooresville, but I would definitely consider staying at the Fairfield Inn again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tonya T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear AppsFan,

Thank you for your fabulous comments in reference to your recent stay at our Faifield Inn. We are tucked back from the main road in Mooresville and directly off Interstate 77. Our guest find the location of the hotel litle difficult to find but appreciate that it is a quiet location in which they can enjoy a restfull night sleep. Our rooms are spacious and offer upgraded amenities that everyone can enjoy. We pride ourself in the clealiness of the rooms and the staff works hard to give you an experience that will make you want to return. I am glad that you had opportunity to enjoy our well equipped work out room. As you found, our equipment is state of the art. Our guest enjoy the deluxe complimentary breakfast in the morning with hot breakfast sandwiches, make your own waffles, danish, muffins, assorted cereals and much more. I am glad that we could process your Marriott Reward points. I know how important they are to our traveling guest. Again, I appreciate your feedback and we look forward to your return trip to our area.

Been to Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman? Share your experiences!