“Worst place I have ever seen!” 1 of 5 stars

Relax Inn Monroe
611 West Roosevelt Blvd., Monroe, NC 28110 (Formerly Monroe Days Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Monroe
Fultondale, Alabama
“Worst place I have ever seen!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Room was nasty. Socks were black after walking on floor. I could seen under the door because the threshold was missing. The HOB worked when it wanted to. The Wi-Fi was so slow my tablet would time out. Be sure and keep your luggage closed or you might take their silver fish bugs home with you. My sink leaked. I put the trash can under it since they did not offer to fix it or offer me a different room. Phone did not work. Instead of getting me another phone, the front desk just called me on my cell phone. Do yourself a favor and drive across town if you have to.

• Stayed February 2014
gm_relaxinn, Manager at Relax Inn Monroe, responded to this review, August 18, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so sorry that you found your experience to be so bad. That is not a normal occurrence for our guests. Again, I apologize that we did not live up to your expectations. That is not a normal occurrence as we strive to make each guest's stay a great one. Please visit us again in future and we will not disappoint you.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Monroe, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for several months on business. The staff and management could not have been more kind or friendly. This is an older southern property. Don't expect a bright new motel. This is an older property with character. The room was well cared for and the maintenance and cleaning staff are helpful and courteous. The management is respectful and the office staff are wonderful. If you're looking for a nice group of people this is the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for being our loyal guest and return to our hotel. Once again, Thank you for choosing Relax Inn – Monroe.

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I visited this hotel again for my 2 day business trip. My stay was very pleasant. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. I stayed in a smoking room but room was very nice and did not smell like smoke at all. I stayed in franchise hotels in the past and their smoking rooms smell like smoke. I was amazed to see my room smelled great. KUDOS to housekeeping team. The room definitely needs new furniture. When I visited this place few months ago, I told manager to think about painting the property and I told him the same thing this time. Property needs a paint job.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. I will definitely be back in few months when I am back in Monroe

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for a great review! We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for complimenting our entire staff as our goal is to make each guests feel at home and treat them like our family.

Reviews like yours motivates us to perform better and better! I will share this review with my entire staff!

Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon!

Marshville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My sister booked her trip off of the internet. I picked her up from the airport and dropped her off here for her stay and I didn't want to leave her there! It is very old and outdated. When we opened the door to the room it was NASTY! The smell was awful and everything about the room was old and worn. I would not stay here if it were me. I am helping my sister move to a better hotel immediately. I'm not an overly picky person, but there is no way I would stay at a dive like this.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

The heat does not work, the was clothes are dirty, the drape for the shower has spots in it. The advertisement for this hotel doesn't meet the standards or the pictures that's advertised. I commented to management about commenting about the condition of this hotel the next 5 minutes the internet was locked for the hotels WiFi. Terrible way to spend your Thanksgiving Day!!! Freezing. Will never come here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Avenue, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We reserved this room in advance because it was my sons family weekend at college. When we checked in Friday night, there were cockroaches crawling up the walls. My husband smacked and killed the ones we saw. It was so late and we were exhausted from the 7 hour trip that we dozed off after thinking we got them all. A few hours later, my husband woke up with a cockroach crawling up his neck. We then found several baby cockroaches under the sink. The roaches weren't the only thing. We could have sworn there were drug deals going down next door. There were creepy people in the parking lot and loud thumping from the pimped out car in the parking lot. We went to the front desk to complain and they switched us to another room in another building on the opposite side, which was the non-smoking building. We had no business being in the smoking building to begin with, the reservation was wrong from the beginning. The non-smoking building had no cockroaches and did seem to be better taken care of. Thank goodness the stay was only for one more night. What a nighmare! Oh and yes, empty pool. It looked like something out of a bad horror movie.

Room Tip: If you dare venture to stay here, be sure it's in the non-smoking building.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

hi me and my hubby stayed here at the relax inn 9/30/2013 ,I said it look's clean, then i pulled back the blanket the bed and was like o mg! the box spring on the bed cut was cut wide open very drity and i mean drity so i looked at the other bed and it was the same way so i called up to the front deskto complain no one answer the phone so wewalked around to see that it was no one.and note that im in a high risk PREGNANT.so what happens next is that i wake up in the middle of the night and find bites all over my body i'm iching ever where,me and my hubby, SO I stayed up all night taking pic's and i will have them posted real soon. but im back home now and on my way to the doctor cause i have been feeling very sick, from them BED BUD'S attacking me. and I will never stay here again. so angry!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Online_Media_Mngr, OMM Manager at Relax Inn Monroe, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had during your stay. However, we appreciate you bringing them to our attention, and we are looking into all matters. First and foremost, the health and safety of our guests is our top priority. Therefore, as a precaution, we are doing a comprehensive cleaning and extermination to ensure there are no bed bugs in any of our rooms. In addition, we’d be happy to discuss the rest of your stay with us in more detail. Please feel free to reach out to me at our corporate office at 678.514.2350.

Joe S.
OMM Manager
Relax Inn Monroe, NC

Been to Relax Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!