“Great Stay and Very Friendly and Welcoming staff” 5 of 5 stars

You added Relax Inn Monroe to your Saves list
611 West Roosevelt Blvd., Monroe, NC 28110 (Formerly Monroe Days Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Monroe
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great Stay and Very Friendly and Welcoming staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I recently stayed for few days at Relax Inn in Monroe, NC. I was in Monroe for a business meeting in downtown Monroe. The hotel location is very conveniently located near downtown. At the time of check-in the manager (I think his name was Sanjaay) was very friendly and welcoming. The room was very clean and bathroom was spotless. I never stay at non-franchise hotels but this hotel was as comparable to a franchise hotel. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my group.

Pros: great location, friendly staff, clean rooms at very affordable price
Cons: hotel would look better with new paint job, pool is closed and parking lot (very bumpy)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Online_Media_Mngr, Public Relations Manager at Relax Inn Monroe, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Thomas A,

Thanks you for you most kind remarks. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Relax Inn Monroe. Yes Sandjay and his staff are shinning stars and do a great job at service. I am glad to see that our recent changes are going far and our commitment to guest satisfaction is reaching its goals. Again on behalf of all the staff at Relax Inn Monroe thank you and we look froward to your future return.

Joe S.
OMM Manager
Relax Inn Monroe, NC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Im in Resort Housekeeping Management. As soon as I opened the door The room Would have totally feld inspection if this people worked for me........
1)...Furniture very worn..
2) Spit on the wall...
3) Spider Web over mirror .....
4) Dried throw up in corner of bath room wall.
5) Hair in on shower wall...
6) Bad Colking around Toilet...
7) Nasty lamp shades...
8) Nasty a/c unit.....
9) cigarette burns on everything.....
10) Creepy Guy in Silver and Red Pick Up Truck that bothered me as soon as I was walking across the parking lot.....

The only thing I was pleased with was the bed did have clean sheets... Very suprised...

Would I ever stay here again? Hell No... This place needs to be updated and cleaned correctly....
Ps.... Should have know when checking in, the sofa in the lobby was torn and the lobby floor looked discussing ......

Staff was nice...

• Stayed March 2013
Online_Media_Mngr, Public Relations Manager at Relax Inn Monroe, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear LoriBryant,

First I wanted to thank you for staying with us. I am sorry to hear you had such a bad experience during your stay. After our recent staff changeover, this is very abnormal for this hotel and I will immediately investigate and correct it. Our service standard is very high and we rarely every hear negative comments about our staff and our property. Please accept our sincere apology.

Management
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I felt as though i got what i paid for, the room was very clean and service was good. Property is a little older but that was reflected in the price so it did not bother me. Clean room and good service is what counts.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nethal p,

We at the Relax Inn Monroe are pleased to hear you had a great stay. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again at the Relax Inn Monroe.

Hotel Staff
Weaverville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

pros: the staff were very polite and friendly. hotel was in a great location right next to gas stations and restraunts. quick and easy check in and out. the bed was so comfortable, wifi worked great and plenty of channels on the tv. the heat and ac worked wonderfully. cons: not very clean. there were handprints all over the window, the pull out couch was stained, carpet stained, walls and headboard were stained and there was toilet paper on the ceiling in the bathroom. the mini fridge was very loud when it would cut on and the toilet would run for 10 minutes after flushing. the bathtub was dirty and the walls are too thin. the people next to us were arguing until 2am and we could hear every word. the hotel room phone rang at 3:30am and we had not given the number to anyone. we peaked into the empty room next to us and it was spotless! but costed a bit more. I would stay at this hotel again once it was cleaned up! the sweet charm of the staff does not match the hotel.

Room Tip: maybe check out the room before you purchase! make sure it is in good condition!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sarah H,

Thank you for your honest remarks, I am will look into the comments about the room condition and make sure they are addressed immediately. I am glad overall you enjoyed the stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Management
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Being a travel nurse, I ended up staying for a few months at this motel. Rooms are large, but, if you are looking for a good breakfast you should bring your own. They advertise a breakfast, but, the coffee is in one of those pump containers, juice is a mix no toast, no sweet roll, but some hot water and a package of oatmeal IF you are lucky.
Place is well maintained for an old motel.
even if it right off hwy 74, it is not very noisy, Sanjay is friendly, the housekeepers are mexican and they speak mostly spanish. King size beds and a sofa or 2 queens with a small table and two chairs.
Did see a few roaches, and they sprayed right away. No other bugs, or bed bugs. Gonna see them in the south more. Swimming pool in the center court yard, not in operation during my stay. no fitness center.

Room Tip: Quieter in court yard during the winter with the pool not in operation. Not sure about the outer ro...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Online_Media_Mngr, Public Relations Manager at Relax Inn Monroe, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear valued guest. Thank you so much for the kind words. I am glad you felt safe in our hotel and no signs of bed bugs or lack of maintenance. We work hard to ensure a safe, friendly environment for our guests to stay. I do hope the next time you are in Monroe you will again choice the Relax Inn for your stay.

Thanks,
Joseph
Marketing Manager
Relax Inn Monroe, NC
Wingate
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Floors had big red and black spots. Mirrors were nasty and hair in the sinks. Staff was informed and they refused to change our rooms. We tried calling back the following day(we left that night) to speak to the manager but every time we call to complain, we were given excuse after excuse.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Online_Media_Mngr, Guest Relations Manager at Relax Inn Monroe, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Harrison62,

I am so sorry to hear of your issues during the stay. I would love to try and make things right if you would please contact me regarding your stay. We try and strive to uphold a high standard of customer service. This time we did not meet your expectations. I have worked with our staff to correct this and I assure you our service has and will continue to improve.

Thank you for your honest feedback, it's people like you that help us improve each day.
Joseph
Manager
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This hotel has an old time charm that is timeless. The hotel is clean and the service is great. The staff can't seem to do enough to help a guest. This place has lots of parking even had some 16 wheelers parked here, and a tour bus. I know next time I am back in this area exactly where I will stay.

Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: I preferred the upper floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Dear JS1458,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will join us again during your next travel to the area.

Thanks,
Joseph S.
Manager

Been to Relax Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!