“Best Southern BBQ!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Parkersburg, West Virginia
“Best Southern BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Looking for some authentic southern style BBQ while in the Charlotte area and stumbled on this place. So glad we did! Excellent BBQ, delicious sides (baked beans, slaw, red potato salad and mac and cheese). Good, fast service in a steakhouse type atmosphere. I wish I could have eaten more meals here. Yum!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, NC
“If you want food poisioning this is the place to go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I went to Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Mothers Day 2011 with my family. I am the only one who ate the vineager cole slaw in my group. Went to the doctor and it was confirmed food poisioning. I will never I repeat never go here or recommend anyone else to this place.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Monroe, North Carolina
“Bar-B-Que that should be good!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Good bar-b-que but the quality is a little inconsistent. I prefer the be beef brisket but have found it fatty from time to time. When you get a good serving it is excellent but from time to time you will get lots of fat. The fries are as good as I have ever eaten. The hushpuppies are definitely some of the best although you only get one albeit a big one. Service is always above average and the staff makes you meal a pleasant part of any evening. The chicken is okay but I have had lots better, the smoked turkey is excellent and the pork is better than average. Big Bob's is on my list of regular visits.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte NC
“The best smoked turkey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stopped here on our way to Wilmington and decided to try the smoked turkey breast. We haven't had smoked turkey this good since we were in Texas. If you want to try something other than pork barbecue, you won't be disappointed! The turkey had great flavor, was so moist and tender. We ordered the regular portion size and it was huge. Baked beans and vinegar slaw were both great. Service was good and lunch came out quickly.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stamford, Connecticut
“Average BBQ not worth a detour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

While driving up the East Coast from Florida on a BBQ tour, we stopped here because of the excellent reputation of the Bib Bob Gibson BBQ in Decatur, Alabama. Our first indication of the quality of the meal to come was that we were among the very few patrons of this very large restaurant, which has all the ambiance of a Denny's (there is another BBQ restaurant literally across the street that looked a lot busier).

We ordered St. Louis ribs and various sides. Everything was just average. We had much better BBQ meals in other restaurants in other cities, from Florida through Virginia. We won't be coming to this restaurant again.

• Visited February 2012