“My only choice in Monroe” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Monroe
Tampa, Florida
“My only choice in Monroe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

With family living in Monroe, I travel here often to visit (but like to escape the small children at night). After experiencing the Hampton Inn (too much money for too little) and The Quality Inn next door (OMG does not even begin to describe that establishment), I go back to the Best Western all the time.
The front desk staff is friendly beyond belief. They have fresh fruit and brownies at all times as well as the complimentary bottled water in your room. I was given a late checkout so I wouldn't have to worry about my afternoon flight. I can't say enough about how nice the people are. The rooms are clean and comfortable as well.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kokomo, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

When we selected this inn (for location and price), I had no idea how CLEAN it would be! The rooms were immaculate! I asked the staff for the age of the property feeling it must be very 'new,' and was shocked to learn that it was over 10 years old! The staff was VERY friendly, courteous and helpful--true southern hospitality! Breakfast was great, location was great, and the free evening treats were a special touch! I will be traveling to this area again soon to visit relatives (as was the purpose of this trip) and will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed October 2007
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

We are very pleased with the BW in Monroe, We checked in last night and the front desk was friendly and efficient. They had coffee and cookies when you arrive and a great breakfast in the morning. The beds are very comfortable and there is no road noise. It is close to all kinds of shopping and dining.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Waterford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

A business contact recommended this property, and I was very impressed. My room was decorated very nicely, with updated furnishings in fantastic condition. I had a king size bed that was very comfortable. I was very pleased with the quality and cleanliness of my room.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — Outside access
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

I really liked this hotel, the rooms were newer, in good condition and clean. The breakfast had a nice variety and a reasonable amount of space. The rooms were outside entry, but the hotel is in a good area, so I always felt comfortable.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

Our CLEAN suite contained two double beds and a pull out sofa so we had plenty of room for my husband, three kids and me. We didn't eat at the complimentary breakfast buffet, but I can't say enough for their customer service. Our tub drain was broken so that it wouldn't hold water for a bath our first night. I called the front desk and the staff had it fixed before my son's bath time the following evening. GREAT location for shopping and dining. Also, if you're in the area you MUST try the smoked turkey that can be found in the neighboring town of Marshville at Stegall Smoked Turkey (6608 East Marshville Blvd). We bought extras to carry home to our extended family, too.

• Liked — CLEAN and enough room for family of 5
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Asheville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2008

I am not sure that I can add more than pianomansmom already said. Very nice rooms, very clean, inside and out. I sometimes worry staying alone with outside corridors, but was not here.

Staff very knowledgeable about the area and things to do.

Breakfast was very nice, normal hotel fare, cereals, muffins, fruit, oatmeal, bagels but had extra in sausage biscuits, boiled eggs, waffle maker.

The Japanese restaurant was really good!! We will be going back tomorrow for lunch as well!!

Anytime we are back in the Monroe area, or don't HAVE to stay closer in to Charlotte, this is where we will be.

Oh yeah, pillow top beds too.

• Liked — location and bed
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites - Monroe? Share your experiences!