“Great food, one of my favorite lunch spots” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: May be listed as Spiro's Hilltop Bistro
Monroe NC
“Great food, one of my favorite lunch spots”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We go here for lunch a lot, because it's close to my work. It is always slam packed for lunch. The lunch buffet is great. The shrimp, fried chicken, hush puppies and ban an pudding are excellent. They have great ribs also (not on the lunch buffet) bathrooms are always clean, as is the restaurant. Service is usually good.

Monroe, North Carolina
“Wish it was better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We've eaten here several times and we're almost always dissapointed. It's a local establishment with a great setting. The decor is nice and the atmosphere is usually great with televisions playing the local games and the staff are friendly but the food is just never impressive. The only times we've ordered and been content have been when we've ordered breakfast. They're supposed to be known for seafood and high priced meat entrees but we've never been happy when we've ventured to try those items. Like I said, I wish the food were better because the environment inside the restaurant is great.

Visited October 2013
Indian Trail, North Carolina, USA
“Tuesday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Hilltop serves chicken pot pie on Tuesdays and it is AMAZING! Wednesday they have chicken and dumplings and they are great as well. Great food, good service!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southeastern US
“Spiro's Hilltop Fishfare and Steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Spiro's is a long standing very good restaurant in the area and a few years ago they expanded and now have a nice new building. The food is always good and you can choose from the buffet or the menu. Both are good. While it is casual dining the dress is more business casual than shorts although I have occasionally seen someone in shorts. It's just a bit more dressy than that. The staff is nice, the place is very clean and the food is excellent. Spiro, himself, keeps a sharp eye out to make sure everything is running smoothly. Great place to eat. While I rated it family, I think it is mostly couples and adult family.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hickory, North Carolina
“Friday afternoon seafood buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We came to eat the seafood bar for the first time. The fried shrimp, oysters, and fish were delicious. The broiled salmon was good too. The steamed shrimp had sat in the water for too long. The salmon patties were okay, the crab patties were good except they were too brown and when I went to get more oysters they had gotten a little soggy near the middle of the pan they were in. The scallops were way too tiny. I pulled the bread off so I could taste them. Crabmeat Alfredo was alright. I like my seafood lightly fried, not over cooked. Next time we go thru Monroe we will try it again. Love seafood and hope it will be better.

• Visited April 2014