“Gross and unfriendly” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Monroe
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Gross and unfriendly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I specifically requested a room with a jacuzzi tub because I knew it would be cold out and wanted a nice hot bath. Good thing I travel with cleaning supplies. There was hair in the tub so since it was around midnight when I found this, I just went ahead and cleaned it myself. In doing so, the tub turned at least 3 shades lighter in color from me scrubbing the body funk out of it. The jets were disgusting. There was coffee on the bathroom counter, cobwebs in every corner, chip crumbs in the foldout sofa bed, spots on the mirror, carpet wasn't vacuumed, hair everywhere... just UGH! And the creepiest thing of all was that the tv was already on when we came into the room. I didn't notice how dirty the room was when we first got there because we just put our stuff in there and left again and didn't come back til around midnight, by which time it was already too late to do anything about it. Then when I went to the front desk the next morning to check out, there wasn't even anyone in the office. No one came for me to check out even after ringing the bell a couple times and waiting for almost 15 minutes so I had to just snag a sticky note and write my name and room # on it and stick it to my key and set it over the counter by the computer. Horrible and will never stay again. The lady at the desk the previous day wasnt completely rude just seemed like she mightve been having a bad day and maybe didnt like her job.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
GuestRelations-KK, Guest Relations Manager at Jameson Inn Monroe, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
​Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay, I'm sorry you didn't have a typical Jameson experience. We appreciate your comments and are taking them extremely serious. We are taken measures to ensure that our guests always receive a clean and comfortable room. Again, we appreciate you for taking the time to let us know about your visit. We hope the rest of your trip to Monroe, NC went well.
Kaitlyn Kilby, Guest Relations Manager
Jameson Inn Monroe NC Hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Monroe, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Don't stay here, this stay was my worst experience ever. The room smelled, was dirty and the toilet ran during the night. The bed linen was dingy, which I took off and the bed mattress was old and lumpy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at this comfortably appointed hotel. The staff is awesome and goes the extra mile. There was plenty of room and everything was just as advertised. Thanks to the staff for help with my camera.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Brockton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We needed to stay quickly at a hotel in Monroe. We met with some unexpected heavy traffic which foiled our traveling plans. We called and spoke with Doreen who was so incredibly helpful. We were given a room on the first floor which was nice b/c it was raining terribly. The room was clean , a bit outdated but clean. There was a jacuzzi tub in our room, which made my teen happy after driving for 24 hours. We were in a non smoking room, which had been smoked in,it was noticeable but not terrible. and when I called the desk to let her know she noted it immediately. When I went down for breakfast in the morning (which had a great selection for everyone in the family) , I also let the GM at the desk know about the smoke smell and he showed me where it was written down the night before. He was very accommodating and offered apologies. The pool was fantastic - salt water indoor/outdoor a very nice surprise!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Online_Media_Mngr, Public Relations Manager at Jameson Inn Monroe, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear guest.

I am sorry to hear about the room smoke oder. We do try our hardest to keep smoking to only those rooms designated as smoking rooms. However I am glad to hear you joined us for breakfast and did enjoy the use of our pool.

Jameson Inn Monroe
McDonough, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had often stayed at this location when it was a Holiday Inn Express with great accommodations and service. I had to be in the area for a family reunion and thought I would give it a shot since it had been changed to a Jameson Inn, since I have stayed in them in the past with good results.

Once I got past the language barrier of the reservation person, things went well. He listened to what I needed and confirmed the reservation.

Due to an unexpected change, I had to change the room type on the day of my arrival. The young woman I spoke with was very helpful. She was at the desk when I arrived and made the change and check-in smooth.

When my daughters and I got to our room, which was designated Non-smoking, I knew immediately that it had not always been that way. Smoke lingers in the carpet, drapes and even the walls. Fortunately, I am not highly allergic, just highly annoyed. I might have asked for another room that had always been non-smoking, but after 6 hours of driving and spending time with relatives, I just wanted to get some sleep.

The faucet in the bathroom would not turn off completely, and very few things keep you awake like a dripping faucet. We shut the door, but you could still hear it. Then there were the loud music from cars in the parking lot and the Harley-Davidson rider who chose to rev his engine outside our room. However, I can't hold the motel accountable for them, but it may say something about the clientele. Maybe it would have been quieter on the back side, but I felt safer on the front side facing the road.

The next morning we left the room at 10:45 a.m. and removed the "Do Not Disturb" sign. When we returned at 4 p.m., the room had not been touched by the cleaning staff. Again, I was too tired to say anything, but I did tell the employee at check-out about it. She said she would tell the housekeeping supervisor.

I don't think the carpet has been changed since I stayed there last in 2007. The carpet in my room was extremely stained, and I never let my bare feet touch the floor.

The AC worked great, and kept us very cool, which is a plus. I also liked that I could keep the fan running all night long, which helped block some noise.

The location of this Jameson Inn is great--right on the main dray in Monroe, close to restaurants and shopping and easy to get into and out of. However, I am still disappointed by the condition. Yes, the rates are low, and as the saying goes, "You get what you pay for." Maybe I am picky, but I paid to return to a clean room and fresh towels. Next time I am in Monroe, I will stay at the Best Western.

Room Tip: Bring your own shampoo and conditioner. There was one small bottle of shampoo in our room.
Dear Campertmb,

I am so sorry to hear about your issues and would like to discuss them with you. Please reach out to me at the office so we can discuss this .

Thanks,
Hotel Staff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I reserved a block of rooms here for a meeting we were holding in Monroe. It was a lower-cost option than the headquarters hotel where others in our group stayed. The management was very easy to work with, and called a few days before the meeting to make sure it was okay to release the rooms in the block that had not yet been reserved. it was convenient to be able to park right in front of the door to our room. The room was clean. I could not get my ipad to connect to their free WiFi service. The front desk staff tried to help me connect, but they could not make it work either. They provided a computer in the lobby where I checked my messages, but it was very slow. They had signs saying that we could not take breakfast food back to guest rooms. That was inconvenient. While I was eating breakfast, a woman wearing traditional Indian dress appeared in the dining room. She did not say anything, even when I said, "Hello, how are you today?" She didn't smile or move. She just stared intently at me while I was trying to eat. It was uncomfortable, so I changed my seat to face away from her. This meant I was also facing away from the television and morning news I wanted to watch as I ate. I was the only guest in the dining area. She remained standing in the same place until I finished eating. When I said, "Good-bye, have a great day," she didn't respond. For several reasons, I believe she was a relative of the property owners or employees, and not another guest. It was spooky.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back of the building, away from the noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Online_Media_Mngr, Public Relations Manager at Jameson Inn Monroe, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Vlaney,

I want to apologize for your issues related to the wifi. Saturday night there was a local area outage due to a lightening strike and bad storms. The local vendor's office was damaged which took down the local area's service.. All internet and phone services have been up and down since then. We are working with the vendors and local telephony services to restore area services and stabilize the hotel services. I am sorry for the inconvenience during you stay but rest assured this is a rare situation that was out of our control. All services should be restored mid day Monday.

Joseph S.
OMM Manager
Northfield, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We used to go to this hotel every year on our way down to the beach. It was a Holiday Inn Express, then was sold as a Super 8 and is now Jameson Inn. The rooms were tidy, but the carpeting and bathrooms need cleaning badly. There was a used bar of soap in the drain in the bathtub and mold on the shower curtain questioning whether they really clean the place or if they just fold down the corner of the toilet paper to give that appearance. The breakfast in the morning had no fresh fruit and the "orange juice" tasted like Tang. It was drizzling when we got there but we went into the pool. They came out and threw us out of the pool because it "might" lightening. A half hour later "still drizzling" they came back out an said we could go in. Going to use another hotel next year.

Dear Karen W,

Thanks you for your feedback. I have looked into the issues and correct these. The management team is very dedicated to preventing this and is doing everything in there ability to ensure our rooms are of top quality.

OMM

Been to Jameson Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!