“Cracker Barrel Mebane NC” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 56 Restaurants in Mebane
Cuisines: American
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Cracker Barrel Mebane NC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The food was good, not great. But better then most............................Waitress busy, and had to wave glass for more drink..............................

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

North Carolina
“Best of ALL the Cracker Barrels we've visited!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have visited Cracker Barrels in perhaps half a dozen states & this one is the best so far. In fact, if it were possible to give it straight "sixes," we would. The waitress, Erin, went out of her way to accommodate our wishes, the food was cooked to our specifications, & our beverages were never empty. Service was prompt & more than friendly. If your travels take you anywhere near I-40, exit 153, in NC, this is a great place to eat. We'll be back, for sure!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Cracker Barrel Mebane”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is right off I-40/I-85 in Mebane. It is the typical Cracker Barrel style, with the store and restaurant. We ate there on a Sunday, which was very busy, but we were seated fairly quickly and our order was taken right away. We had breakfast even though it was the middle of the afternoon. I had Eggs in a Basket and my husband had a combination of two meals, the French toast and pancakes with eggs and bacon. They had no problem with allowing him to create his ideal meal even though it wasn't on the menu! The food came out quickly and was warm and delicious. The only complaint I had was I like my bacon cooked crispier but I forgot to ask for it that way. I also enjoyed some biscuits with apple butter that were delicious. We will definitely eat here again.

Visited August 2013
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Going downhill...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I will say that I used to love this Cracker Barrel! Food was always excellent, service was always quick, and always had good dessert choices. Now, the food all tastes like it's out of a can and it takes entirely too long to receive your meal.

On this particular trip my nephew waited about 15 minutes for a glass of water. My green beans were completely overcooked, the dumplings were very sticky and doughy almost like a ball of paste. Nearly everyone at our table had something wrong with their food--whether it be undercooked, overcooked, or things just completely missing.

Based off the last 5-10 visits, I cannot recommend this restaurant anymore.

I heard they have new management over the last 6 months to a year and that could be part of the problem. Maybe give it a try and see if you have a better experience because it used to be a great Cracker Barrel.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Southport, North Carolina
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Food was good, typical cracker barrel food. The biscuits and muffins usually come out a little before the main meal, but not here. Our waitress was really slow and seemed to be more interested in one of the male mgrs on duty than her customers. We also thought it was strange that they didn't have the fireplace going. This is the first time I've ever been in a CB w/ no fire, even in summer.

Visited May 2013