“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed here for one night in mid-June 2014. Our room on the 3rd floor felt spacious and was very clean. Bedding was good and clean, and the beds were quite comfortable. Plenty of accessible outlets, which seems rare these days. Bathroom was clean, shower was decent but not remarkable. Breakfast in the morning did the job; standard selection of pastries and cereal plus sausage, "eggs", and a waffle maker. Juice wasn't great and coffee was pretty week, but this is minor. Pool is small but clean; good for a quick dip. There is a Mexican restaurant immediately next door (don't remember the name, but it was relatively attractive and was pretty busy) and multiple other eating locations nearby. Overall a pretty good value; would definitely stay again if we need a room in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Hello Gordy,

Thank you very much for your feedback! I am glad to here you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We kept each points in my on what our guests looks for now days and renovated our rooms. Such as, space, easy access to outlets on lamps, bedding, choice of pillows and lightning. Thank you for complementing our hot breakfast as its one of the best in the area as breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed here for one night for business. The staff was very nice and the room was clean and a decent size. Breakfast area was clean - selection was fair but on par for this type of hotel. Found many local restaurants - both walking and driving - which is very nice when traveling alone on business.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out and leaving us a review! We are glad to know you enjoyed your over all stay. Yes, we are a little old, but now we are renovated from top to bottom and it makes us NEW AGAIN. We did this great renovation for our guests as we wanted to give them the best.

Thank you for complementing our staff as we go the extra mile to make our guest feel at home.

Springfield, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Bathrooms are tiny and in serious need of updating. Full breakfast is a good value. This hotel is literally in a shopping center. Close to restaurants. 15 min from downtown Charlotte. Not fancy but not bad.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hello Lori,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback! We glad to know you enjoyed your stay and like our hot breakfast as its one of the best in the area. I am sorry you found our bathroom small as we have our granite sink vanity outside as its more convenience to our guests from their previous survey as two people can get ready as one can take shower while other can use the vanity area out side.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We arrived a little bit later than scheduled, but our room was still available and the reception was very cordial and professional. We had requested a downstairs room and that wish was granted. The room was clean and spacious. Even though the inn was totally full we experienced no noise. The air conditioner worked well and we had no issues on a hot humid evening outside. We went to eat at a local Mexican restaurant that was within walking distance of the Inn. The location was excellent due to its proximity to all major highways.
The only thing we found lacking was the "hot" breakfast advertised which was a small area for an Inn this big. We went to eat around 7:30 and could find no table to sit at, so we made several trips to our room and ate there. The food was normal, nothing out of the ordinary, but we were ok with that since we were in a hurry to get to our granddaughters graduation ceremony.
We recommend this Inn because of its central location and proximity to major arteries.

Room Tip: Ask for a room downstairs on the south side, not close to the stairs.
Hey Boris,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your over all stay at our hotel and found our staff professional and helpful as we believe in treating our guests like family soon as they walk in to our doors. In this hot weather we know our guests expect a nice cold room when they arrive, so we turn them on before their arrival so soon as they walk in they can be comfortable.

I am sorry about the breakfast area as we were sold out with lots of school teams and wedding group and all the school team I believe came down to eat at the same time so the area was full.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed at The Comfort Inn (Mathews) for 4 Days I would like to say that I really liked staying there. The room was spotless, the beds were very comfortable and it's at a great location with everything nearby. I didn't take advantage of the Complimentary Breakfast but in the evening they serve "Dinner" from the local Restaurants/Fast food nearby also complimentary which I thought was nice. I was able to enjoy their pool. My son and I had it all to ourselves. Overall it was a great stay... So they are getting 4 stars from me.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for leaving us a great feedback! We are glad to know you enjoyed your over all stay. Yes, we keep our rooms spotless clean and make sure everything is comfortable for our guests soon as they walk in to our rooms. As we need to make our guest feel at home.

Thank you also for complementing our Managers Reception at night as we have THE BEST Managers Reception in our are as we believe in giving the best. Its real hot appetizers/food deliver from real franchised restaurants every Monday-Thursday 5PM-6PM with Soda and fresh baked Cookies from us at no cost to our guests.

Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This hotel has the basics plus. It offers a comfortable bed, clean, large room, and excellent service. The rooms have been freshened up since the last time we stayed 4 years ago with new paint, bedding, wall decor, and flat screen TV. The 2nd night of our stay, the AC died. The front desk informed us the maintenance person was not on duty and she would call the general manager. She then efficiently called back to let us know when we could expect the general manager to be over to check out the problem. The manager did all he could to repair the problem and reserved a back up room just in case. The air worked for the night and a permanent fix was made the next day.

The maintenance person is not on site but the general manager is nearby and is professional and sincere in doing all he can to provide a comfortable night in his hotel.

The breakfast included: make your own waffle, hot scramble egg (pre-made square) for sandwiches, crispy bacon, cereal, yogurt, donuts, hard boiled eggs, muffins, milk, juice, and coffee.

The hotel is also conveniently located near shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: Room 323 was quietly located on the third floor, in the back and next to the elevator.
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so so much for writing us a great review! I am flattered with the complement. It was my pleasure to come fix the AC unit at night, as WE BELIEVE IN GIVING THE BEST SERVICE! We like to make each guest feel at home and from you review I can see we met that goal.

Thank you also for complementing our new renovated rooms as we work really hard for it and we can see our hard work has been paid off.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I stayed here for work, my employer put me here for 11 days. To start , Amanda who works the front desk was extremely rude. She was on her cell phone when I approached the desk, she finished her call and turned towards me rolling her eyes. At that time another guest had also approached the desk. Later he and I commented on her rudeness, he also witnessed the eye rolling. She made it clear I had interrupted her personal call.
One employee did stand out, Amber! I was so relieved when I saw she was at the front desk! She always greeted me when She saw me and would go out of her way to assist me. Thank you Amber, you are one of the few positives for this hotel.
Hallways were hot, my room was musty smelling. Since moving to a new hotel I noticed my clothes picked up the odor! I have washed all my clothing!
My room was dirty, a milk shake was spilled on the floor under the desk, the straw was still there stuck in the mess. Bathroom floor full of hair and multiple little hairs in the shower. Not mine since I had not showered yet and the wrong color. Three light bulbs out in the room, one of them over the sink, one bedside and one when you first walk in and turn the light on by the door. There was another sticky spot by the sink. Every time I stepped there my shoe would stick to it and pull it off. Thankful I did not have a black light!
Housekeeping never vacuumed my room when cleaning. Left the Kleenex box empty and never replaced one of the empty toilet paper rolls. I had to go down the hall to ask for these items and fill them myself. This was after they cleaned my room.
I have since left and am now staying at an amazing hotel that is clean with superior customer service!! I have discovered there are many other better options. Never again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello Katie,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback! I am so sorry for the experience you had at our hotel. I would like to investigate more on this so if you don't mind can you please let me know your full name and arrival date so I can take action on our staff who clean room and our front desk staff as we are rated excellent on our staff and cleanliness of our rooms.

We hope you give us another chance and see you again very soon!

GM

Been to Comfort Inn Matthews? Share your experiences!