“Just try it!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Matthews, North Carolina
“Just try it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

There have been several restaurants in this location, but none have lasted very long. My wife and I went to the Friendly Moose for the first time tonight as the other places we went to were packed. After eating at the Friendly Moose, I couldn't believe they didn't have a line at the door! First, let me say the fries are the best I've every had. The waitress (who was phenomenal!) said they have a multi step process to prepare them, and it is obviously working. My wife had the sweet potato fries, which were hand cut and fresh made. We both had the Moose Burger, which was cooked to order and hand pattied - fantastic. They have a nice patio out back, as well as a small bar which is separate from the main dining area which we look forward to checking out this summer! If you're in the area, stop by the Friendly Moose - you'll be glad you did!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ajax, Canada
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Friendly Moose is a casual dining spot. It is listed as a bar and grill. My husband and I spent a delightful nite there recently. The food was terrific and it is a very relaxing atmosphere. The staff were extremely helpful. We will definitely go back there when we next visit the area.

• Visited January 2013