“Snow in Charlotte” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Snow in Charlotte”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Our power went out. My husband and I decided to go to the Holiday Inn Express near our home. The staff was very nice, helpful and understanding. Barbara was the most friendly, helpful person. Since our power went out. The Wi-Fi and the business center was also helpful.We needed to fax some documents. She went above and beyond to help us. It was nice to get excellent service and with a sincere smile. The suite we stayed in was clean, comfortable, spacious. The bathroom was very comfortable and clean. It was like having the comforts of home. Breakfast was an added bonus. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. Barbara is wonderful and most helpful and valuable staff member at this hotel.

Room Tip: The suite is your best choice. Clean, Comfortable and Spacious.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
ManagerCLT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. The snow storm was defiantly a shock for everyone and I am so happy you found the hotel accommodating. Barbara is a star employee and we are very happy to have her. I hope that you can stay with us during your next "staycation". We would be happy to take care of any friend and family too! Thank you again for taking the time to review or hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
new hill nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed in the HI Express on E. Independence BLVD. on Jan. 25; this was one of the most "simply beautiful" hotels I've stayed in. The decor was crisp, modern, with clean lines; simply beautiful; nothing extravagant. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. I was unfamiliar with the area, and I got lost. I called the front desk and Barbara assisted me with good directions and got me back to the motel. The room, the bed, the decor was again simply beautiful and comfortable. Good breakfast, too. Couldn't ask for more. Loved it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ManagerCLT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear pgranit:
We can't thank you enough for the five star review you gave us. We truly appreciate you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel, and all of your positive feedback. Our entire team will be delighted to hear these compliments about our comfortable rooms, complimentary breakfast buffet and hard working team. We look forward to seeing you again soon during your next trip to Matthews, NC!
Manorville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Nice, comfortable, and clean accommodations. Perfect distance to downtown Charlotte. Across from the Charlotte Harley Davidson Dealership, perfect if you wanted to rent a bike for a few days. Independence Blvd is a busy road around rush hour, but otherwise you have everything right. A nice Cracker Barrel restaurant next door, had a good breakfast there. This Holiday Inn is a good choice, would return so I could rent a bike and do some area riding.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerCLT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your comments and feedback. I love how we are the perfect location for you and look forward to having you stay with us again and hopefully rent a Harley when the weather gets nicer! Thank you again.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Nice experience at this hotel. Had a two queen bed suite---room was huge!!! Clean room and bathroom. Pillows were god awful though--both beds and could stand to be replaced at the hotel. Breakfast was fine. All in all, good experience, except for the awful people in the room above me the one night. They started at 5:15am, stomping and banging and running in the room--thought they were coming through the ceiling. Didn't even sound like kids, but adults. Called the front desk to complain, they said they called the room, but the noise continued. Finally went downstairs at 7am to complain again, meeting the person in the room next to me who was also awaken by these rude idiots. I assume upon their exit from the room around 7:30am the all must have decided to jump up and down about 10 times then slammed the door. Hope that made their day.......

Room Tip: pick a suite if you are a family--huge room!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ManagerCLT, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I am so sorry to hear about the people causing a disturbance above you. I hope that the noise stopped and that we were able to get a hold of the people causing the disturbance. Though it is very hard to control other peoples actions we do our best especially with teams and groups in house. I truly apologize for their behavior. I hope that you stay with us again and would be happy to put you on the top floor. We really appreciate our guests and try to do whatever we can to make your stay more enjoyable. We are definitely working on new pillows for all our rooms and hopefully should have them in all our rooms in the near future. I hope to see you again soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Loved this hotel. Shower felt great, though it sprays a horrible puddle all over the floor and you can't stop it. Clean with a lot of space. Good tv channels and nice free breakfast. The decor is modern and comfortable. Lots of parking spots and several restaurants close by.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerCLT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
So glad you stopped by to check out our hotel. I love hearing about the great experiences our guests have at our hotel. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed breakfast as well as the shower. I hope that you were able to take advantage of our local restaurant discounts! Thank you so much for the response. I look forward to serving you in the future.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week due to work. I was impressed with the quality and cleanliness of the hotel. I was warmly welcomed and even provided a $3.00 coupon to the hotel store (score!). The room was comfortable and the breakfast was really good. I will say that the coffee was much better than I anticipated. I looked forward to it every morning. My only request would be a better workout room but it is comparable to the other Holiday Inns.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I could not have asked for a better experience.

Room Tip: The air conditioner in my room was a little noisy but not too bad.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ManagerCLT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your awesome words and suggetions! We want you to know that we are listening. The great news is we now have a connection with a local fitness center across the street from us that offers a free pass for every day you are here. I wish that we had more space at the property for a bigger fitness center. I'm glad you took advantage of the IHG Reward Member perks! Can't wait to see you in the future and hope that you try out our new gym partnership. Thanks again!
Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel was for the most part a pleasant experience. One thing I did not like was the fact the bathtub had mold in the grout and made this part of the stay unpleasant. The area for breakfast was large and the staff kept it well supplied, but they had pancakes that were precooked and reheated when you wanted one. Additionally, trying to get the wifi was difficult. It was slow and kept disconnecting and then not able re-establish a connection.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCLT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your response. I am very sorry to hear about the situation with your bathtub and personally will look in to this with our executive housekeeper. Our pancakes are actually a machine that makes the pancakes fresh when you would like them, which I due hope you enjoyed them. Thank you so much for staying with us and we do hope you come back in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East? Share your experiences!