“Some problems Problems” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Some problems Problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel was for the most part a pleasant experience. One thing I did not like was the fact the bathtub had mold in the grout and made this part of the stay unpleasant. The area for breakfast was large and the staff kept it well supplied, but they had pancakes that were precooked and reheated when you wanted one. Additionally, trying to get the wifi was difficult. It was slow and kept disconnecting and then not able re-establish a connection.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCLT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your response. I am very sorry to hear about the situation with your bathtub and personally will look in to this with our executive housekeeper. Our pancakes are actually a machine that makes the pancakes fresh when you would like them, which I due hope you enjoyed them. Thank you so much for staying with us and we do hope you come back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was the most high-end Holiday Inn Express I've ever seen. The decor was reminiscent of the Hyatts I've stayed at. The room was so beautiful and spotless that we started snapping pictures of it as soon as we walked in. The bed was comfy and the bathroom state-of-the-art. My husband, daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay, especially since the hotel offers free breakfast and wi-fi and is nearby lots of department stores and dining options.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCLT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for your lovely words! I'm so glad to hear you loved our hotel. Our staff tries their best to give 110% all the time from cleaning rooms or serving breakfast. I do hope you got to enjoy our restaurant discounts as well! I look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you again.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We, my wife and I, and 97-year-old mother-in-law spent a week at this hotel in May, 2013 as we attended our granddaughter's confirmation. They were very accommodating and honored our request for the ground floor room we needed. My mother-in-law was using a wheelchair and felt more comfortable on the ground floor. The staff always answered our requests with kindness and concern. The breakfast more than served our needs. Yes, when we are in the area we will probably stay at the Holiday Inn Express again. It was clean, convenient and helpful for us to be there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ManagerStaie, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We love getting reviews like this! Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast as well as your mother in law as able to enjoy her stay as well. We do hope that you had a great time at your granddaughter's confirmation. I hope to see you in the future. Thank you for your support and patronage.
Westbury, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This fairly new hotel was clean, modern, with friendly staff and a comfortable bed. The pool was a little cold but nice. The complimentary breakfast had something for everyone, although it would be nice if the breakfast ran later than 9:30 (we stayed for leisure, not business). The free wifi was a little slow but good for checking email and looking up things to do. The location is great - not far from uptown Charlotte and close to all shopping and restaurants. Bonus points for being next to Cracker Barrel! The only thing that I really would have liked is better water pressure in the shower. Otherwise, great stay and would stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ManagerStaie, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I love seeing these kind of responses to our hotel. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed everything especially the convenient location of the Cracker Barrel. I will also have our Matinence engineer look in to the water pressure. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you again!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The staff here were all extremely friendly. The rooms were clean. There seemed to be a pretty sizeable business crowd staying here (Family Dollar Corporate Office nearby.) The breakfast was just fine - plenty of variety in both the hot and cold category. There are a handful of decent restaurants in very close proximity.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ManagerStaie, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your nice words! It's great to hear from our guests and we appreciate the responses. It really helps us know what we are doing right. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed breakfast as well as I hope you were able to use our discounts at the local restaurants.

Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near future.
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here recently for 4 nights and was very happy with our stay. Comfortable beds, nice sized rooms were clean, staff was friendly & we even managed to check in when our flight only got in at 11.30 pm. Our only disappointment was the breakfast they offered. Croissants & pastries were stale & omlettes were square pieces of egg with that plastic cheese (the one you buy for sandwiches that looks like plastic) melted in the middle. I believe that the breakfasts do improve on the weekend but by then we had discovered a great place offering breakfast across the street. Location of this hotel was perfect for our needs. Would stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ManagerStaie, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am very happy to hear you did enjoy your stay besides your issues with breakfast. I will defiantly look in to this issue and really appreciate your comments. This will help me make our hotel perfect for you in the future. I am glad that you were able to experience some of the great local food in the area. Hope to see you again soon! Thanks again.
Ambler, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel is nicely appointed. The lobby is lovely and comfortable. The staff was delightful and most accommodating. My room was nice, clean, comfortable bed, but no refrigerator or microwave. I thought at $114 that would be standard. I've paid less at other hotels and gotten much more. I was in a 1st floor room. There was a bright outside flood light glowing in my room all night and I was facing the parking lot, so people could see in my room without much effort.

The free breakfast was nicer than most. Guests can get their kicks watching the automatic pancake maker! No shuttle here, so plan on a taxi. For two, $40 one way, but the driver was exceptional!

They boast a "room service" which is actually a restaurant that is part of the "OrderInn" program. They are not affiliated with Holiday Inn Express, but are highly recommended. Take my word for it, go out to eat. The food was extremely disappointing...not worth the exorbitant prices.

Overall, a nice place to stay with plenty of shopping, dining and strip malls so you won't be bored!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ManagerStaie, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your response. We appreciate your feedback. I do apologize that we do not offer a microwave and refrigerator in our standard room, we do however offer refrigerators on a first come first basis as well as suite options in which the microwave and refrigerator are already in the room. I am also sorry to hear about your experience with the company that offers room service for us, I personally well be calling them to take care of this issue. We do not want our guests to have any type of negative experience while they are staying with us. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to serve you in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East? Share your experiences!