“GREAT STAY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Ohio
“GREAT STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

We stayed at the hotel part of a group. All the staff were very nice and made are stay very pleasant. The Hot Breakfast was awesome . Best it was Free. The rooms very clean. We will be back definetly.

• Liked — Hot Breakfast and Clean rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
CMichaelYates, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
A great deal of our repeat business is based in the group market. Conveniently located near several sports centers, we provide comfortable accommodations, reasonable pricing, easy accessibility to your group events, and yes, the hot breakfast is always free. Our friendly and helpful staff is knowledgeable of events and maps are always available to area attractions. Our sales department works hard to provide groups and teams the best value for their money and is happy to arrange sleeping rooms as well as meeting areas for you and your group in the future.

F: 704-821-6744

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

Not very safe my car was broken into they took a pair of glasses the side window was smashed . They will not pay for the glass replacement . This all happened right buy the front entrance at least one other car was damaged.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Not safe
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
The safety and security of our guests is of the utmost importance here at the new Quality Inn & Suites of Matthews. Since the remodel of our property we have implemented security protocols with our staff to upgrade the safety of our guests, their personal information, and their belongings. Although unforeseen events can still occur, your safety is a concern that we feel is very important and deserves our attention.

Matthews, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

I had stayed at this location a few months back, and honestly I didnt know if I would give the opportunity to be back.

However I said this place is more convenient from where I need to be and their rates where not bad at all. I didnt want to rate one bad moment for the entire stay.. So I decided to give this place another chance...
From the moment I walked into the Lobby, everyone greeted me like I was already home, and a great welcome snacks. Very friendly staff, very clean rooms.
This place is definetly something else than my last stay. I couldnt asked for any more helpful and accomodating staff.. The breakfast lady greeted me with a great smile and offer to help, replenish my coffee cup and offered to pick up my trash.

The front desk staff was really helpful as well, they recommended an excellent place to eat that night.

Thank you for making my stay so pleasant...

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for giving us a second chance and we would like to invite you back again to see how we have upgraded and improved since the renovation and change to Quality Inn & Suites. Our breakfast hostesses still keep a watch out for empty coffee cups and ask if there is anything above and beyond that they can do to make it feel like breakfast at home. We boast a very happy staff and accommodations that are cleaned and serviced with pride by our housekeepers. The front desk keeps a current listing of the best local eateries and there are several delivery options that are excellent as well. We enjoy turning an “Okay” into a “Great” and want to thank you for giving us that chance.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2007

We stayed here 3 nights. Check in was fast and we were given the exact type of room we requested. We were in the room for approximately 1 hour waiting for our daughter to arrive and the phone rang. It was the front desk checking to see if everything was alright with our accomodations. Thought that was nice!!
Beds and pillows were great!! Room was big. Also, the breakfast was not contiental it was a full breakfast. Bacon, eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits, cinnamon rolls, cereals, french toast, muffins, Plenty to eat!! The hotel was very clean and so was our room. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.
We had a room with an interior door. There was a section of the hotel that had rooms with exterior doors. Seemed it was an older section. I requested a room with the interior door. No restaurants right by it, but plenty of selection right up the highway. When we go back to the Charlotte area we would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Beds, pillows, cleanliness of hotel, breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thanks so much for your comments about your stay with us in the past. We enjoy making you happy by providing the accommodations you request and getting you into your room in a timely manner. Now that we have changed to a Choice property we continue to do follow up calls with our guests within the first 30 minutes of checking in to insure that you are pleased with your room. Our “Commitment To Satisfaction” program is becoming an industry standard to insure that each guest who stays with us receives the best service we have to offer. As the area around us grows, so do the options for dining and entertainment. As you said, right up the road we have about 20 different varieties of restaurants that are easily accessible. We do have exterior and interior rooms that have all been upgraded to the same level of quality standards you expect. The repeat traveler has come to expect value, hospitality, and a level of guest services that we have made a commitment to provide with every stay.

Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2007

I am so glad I kept driving...What a great staff, my suite room was GREAT and the bonus was a complimentary hot breakfast...Great choice

Stayed January 2007
Some of our guests are just like you, they just happen to be in the area and need a place to stay. Travelers who drop in on the way to other places make up a good percent of our daily business. We hope to provide an experience on your first visit that has you coming back again. We’re glad you kept driving and hope that in the future you will choose to seek us out when you are passing through again.

Kennesaw, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2006

We were staying at this hotel for cheer camp and I was the chaperone with 3 young girls in my room. Everyone else on our team had a new inside access room. For some reason, we were given an outside room that was dirty and smelled like old smoke and mildew so bad that all of us woke up with headaches and stuffiness. We left the door open for awhile, but felt uncomfortable since there were some questionable men standing outside smoking near our door.

We asked for another room, but they said they were booked up. We all had to stay in the same hotel for our camp, so I couldn't leave.

The bathroom was teeny tiny, where you have to wedge yourself behind the toilet to close the door. Then while taking a shower, I noticed small dead flies stuck to the top of the shower and wall. The bathroom didn't look liked it had been cleaned in years. There was also some of the wrapper from the soap that housekeeping didn't bother to pick up from the previous guests. It was disgusting! I hated for us to have to touch anything in that room!

I figured the room may be better after it was cleaned, wrong. Even the dead flies were still there!

I went back to the front desk and begged for something else. They offered an inside access handicapped room with a king bed, no sofabed, no rollaway available, for all 4 of us. Fine, I'd rather sleep in my car than go back to that other room. The new room was night and day compared to the other one. It was like we were at 2 different hotels. Even the towels seemed newer! I guess we were in the slum area of the hotel.

Anyway, the new bathroom was clean, but the handheld shower head was broken and wouldn't stay up, so we had to leave it hanging while we took a shower. Then since in was a wheelchair access shower, there was no shower curtain and water would spray all over the bathroom while you were trying to get clean. I had to mop up the floor after each shower.

I have been to a couple Holiday Inns and never had a problem, but I don't know if I'd take my chances on another one.

• Liked — Can't think af anything....
  • Disliked — dirty, see review
  • Tips/Secrets — I wouldn't take my chances with this hotel..
  • Stayed June 2006
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
CMichaelYates, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Since the completion of our full renovation we are playing host to a verity of sports teams from all over North & South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida, as well as other states up and down the east coast. Because of the importance of these events to the success of our business we have developed a Code of Conduct for all guests staying on our property. We have designated smoking areas and provide meeting spaces (when available) that can be contracted for group use as well for meetings and dinners. Although limited, we do offer rollaway beds for our king rooms so that they may accommodate chaperones and team members. Our housekeeping staff and room inspections insure that every room is fully appointed and cleaned daily and we provide “extras” and “forgotten items” at the front desk as well. We welcome you and your group to give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2004

the hotel check-in staff was so accommodating and helplful. We were tired from our trip so we were entertained and informed well about their area and given maps to find where we were going. Our rooms were very clean and beautiful. the best service and hotel rooms we have exp[erienced anywhere. I will return there the next time I go to Matthews or Charlotte.

There are certain expectations that every traveler has; High Speed WiFi access, a helpful and knowledgeable staff, and a since of value for the product that they are receiving. We here at the newly renovated Quality Inn & Suites hope to provide those services and 100% more to every guest that comes into our hotel. The repeat customer makes up a great deal of our weekday business and we appreciate you for coming back to us when you are traveling in the area.

F: 704-821-6744

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!