“Great experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 attractions in Marshall
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: French Broad Rafting and Ziplines is only 24 Miles from Asheville (NC) North Carolina. FBRZ is the closest Asheville zipline /canopy tour and rafting package to Asheville, Johnson City and Greenville SC. The French Broad River is the closest whitewater rafting to Asheville NC. Whether it's the adventure and excitement of whitewater rafting or the ease and relaxation of a calm water trip, you are looking for, French Broad Rafting and Ziplines is the adventure outfitter for you, your family, or your group.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Great experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had never been zip lining, and decided to give it a try for my birthday on October 19, 2013. It was awesome!! Great course! Great business!! Our guides were wonderful!! (Justin and Brandon)

Visited October 2013
FBRE, Owner at French Broad Rafting and Ziplines, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thanks for joining us on your birthday. We always love sharing life experiences with our guests. We will pass on your review to Justin and Brandon.

Wyckoff
“One of the best Zipline experiences we've had!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Visiting the beautiful North Carolina mountains in Fall made Ziplines a "must" for my husband and me. We had been on Ziplines in Costa Rica and in the mountains of upstate New York, but FBRZ was probably our best experience to date. The course is just great and the scenery is wonderful, but the guides are the best we've ever had. Justin and Colleen were not only great fun, but very supportive and informative for those in our group who were new to Ziplines. In fact, out of all of the places where we have Ziplined before, FBRZ is the most "safety conscious" one we have experienced, while still keeping the aerial antics fun and relaxed. If you are going to Zipline, THIS is the place to do it!

Visited October 2013
WOW!!!! Thanks for the “best experience to date” vote. Thanks also for writing this review and describing your experience for future guests.
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great Zipline Guides!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went ziplining as part of a bachelorette weekend and had a blast! Kate and April are hilarious and made sure we had an awesome time. Thanks!

Visited October 2013
Thanks for choosing us for your zipline canopy tour adventure. I will pass on your review to April and Kate.
simplify4y@ymail.com
9 attraction reviews
“Top notch guides and certified 10 line course!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Having never been on a zip line adventure, I decided to venture out of my comfort zone and indulge in zip lining. Luckily my reservations at Carolina Mornings offered me a free zip line pass at FBRZ. I was amazed at the organization and professionalism of this company. The guides were super friendly and fun! The zipping was incredible and so fun. The views of the mountains made the trip even more exciting. We had a beautiful day, surrounded by mountains, forest and fun! I would certainly recommend this company and the 10 line course was exciting and my cheeks hurt from smiling all day long!

Visited October 2013
We do pride ourselves in our organization and professionalism. Thanks for taking the time to write a review and thank you so much for the recommendation.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“Great Guides, Great Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My spouse and I went on the 5 miles raft trip with the included lunch on Sunday October 13th. I was worried about the water being cold so we opted to wear the splash jackets for out trip. The water ended up being in the mid 60 degree range so it really wasn't necessary. Check-in was painless and went quickly. Our safety brief was clear and gave me confidence in the event I ended up in the water. Our bus ride to the river was fast, though if you are prone to motion sickness the windy, mountain roads may bother you.

Our raft guide, Mike, was very friendly and gave lots of interesting information on our trip and was more than happy to answer any questions. The river is awesome, the sights along it are beautiful and the leaves were just starting to change color. There are some very cool rock formations to be seen along the way and I found I was really impressed with the size of some of them and how many giant boulders we were floating right over the top of. When we stopped for lunch the burgers the guides grilled up for us rivaled many I've had in restaurants. They have surely honed their patty-making craft! The chocolate chip cookies were also divine (make sure you add the peanut butter!).

Our entire experience with FBRF was great. When we return to Asheville we'll be going on the 9 mile raft for sure, the extra $15 a person will no doubt be worth it. If you're debating between the 5 or the 9 miler, go with the 9 miler!

Visited October 2013
Fall is a great time to be out on the river. Glad you enjoyed the hot lunch on the river. See you on your next trip to Asheville.