“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 attractions in Marshall
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: French Broad Rafting and Ziplines is only 24 Miles from Asheville (NC) North Carolina. FBRZ is the closest Asheville zipline /canopy tour and rafting package to Asheville, Johnson City and Greenville SC. The French Broad River is the closest whitewater rafting to Asheville NC. Whether it's the adventure and excitement of whitewater rafting or the ease and relaxation of a calm water trip, you are looking for, French Broad Rafting and Ziplines is the adventure outfitter for you, your family, or your group.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Asheville
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We wanted to give my 25 year old son with Down's Syndrome his first experience with white water rafting. Our guide did exceptionally well with him and us. They engaged him in conversation about his favorite things. It was a wonderful experience for us all.

Visited July 2011
FBRE, Owner at French Broad Rafting and Ziplines, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
We are grateful that we had the opportunity to introduce your son to whitewater rafting. We enjoyed spending the day with your family.

Novi, Michigan
“Best part of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

My sister and I had been planning an action packed vacation for our families (that include five boys under the age of 16). Coming up with activities that can be enjoyed by a 16 year old and a 9 year old can be challenging. After 8 days, 3 states, horseback riding, ski lift/luge, waterfall, and hiking it was unanimous that their favorite part was white water rafting at French Broad Rafting Expeditions.
Since we were such a big family we were separated into two rafts. Cory and Ruven were great! The kids argued for two days over whose guide was better. I of course voted for Ruven, since I was in his raft :) Wont forget the bus ride with Carl the bus driver either....You have such a fun and knowledgable staff!! *As a mom I appreciated their knowledge of the rapids*
The boys are all already asking when we will be back....hopefully next year!

Visited June 2011
FBRE, Owner at French Broad Rafting and Ziplines, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to review your trip. Sounds like y'all had a awesome family adventure. See you next time.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Despite a Shortened Trip, Still Phenomenal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I just returned to Pennsylvania from a bachelor party trip with 3 friends. French Broad Rafting was definitely one of the best highlights. Amazing scenery from the French Broad (I'm told it is the 3rd oldest river in the world and flows north), passing by and bouncing off rocks that are millions of years old, we couldn't have asked for a better trip. It was shortened due to river conditions, but still one of my favorite experiences.

Ruvain (spelling?), our guide, was a blast; very professional, knowledgeable and humorous, a guy you'd want to take hiking or camping with your group, if only for the stories he tells. My friend and I took the front seat on the raft and helped lead the team, which was fantastic. We were able to jump out of the raft and float (feet UP please) to our next set of rapids.

If I ever get to the Asheville area again, I will return to French Broad Rafting. If I move to Asheville area, I'd love to work there. Highly recommended!

Corey Keys

Visited July 2011
FBRE, Owner at French Broad Rafting and Ziplines, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Glad you had a great trip with Ruvayne. He is definitely an original.
P.S. Training starts in the Spring.
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Great Family Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We enjoyed our trip down the French Broad River and the guides were great! We took our 9 and 11 year old boys and they had a blast. They can't wait to go again. Thank you for a great experience.

Visited July 2011
FBRE, Owner at French Broad Rafting and Ziplines, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Glad you had a great time on your trip. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your vacation.
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Good time for first timers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Our experience was a very good one. As first time rafters you can imagine what we were thinking could happen. But Matt, our guide, was very good at explaining and preparing us for our trip. His stories,jokes and easy demeanor was very nice. I half expected larger more aggressive rapids but it was still a good time and just right for us older fogies and younger adventure seekers. The other 2 guides were also friendly and very approachable asa well as friendly, Michael and Ed.
I recommend this service and is reasonable priced.

Karl, GG, Ben,Travis & Aaron Latigue

Visited June 2011
FBRE, Owner at French Broad Rafting and Ziplines, responded to this review, July 3, 2011
Thank you for sharing your photo from your rafting trip. We appreciate your business.