“What a plesant and happy find. Try it.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 57 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“What a plesant and happy find. Try it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant has the old 1940's type of decor. Top that with melt in your mouth steak good fries and sides that are wonderful and you have to ask why did I not find this before. Try the tomatoes and blue cheese it's outta sight. Great meal all the way around I will be back when I pass through.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

The Ville - The Best College Sports Town in America
“Not Impressed - menu needs some help”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Dining there with a colleague; he ordered the flounder that was bland and tasteless....I tried the pulled pork that was greasy....not sure

Visited April 2013
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Great Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hi,

I'm on a Business trip in the area and I went two nights in the row to that place and I really enjoyed it. It's nice, clean, layback, have room between the tables, the owners are really nice, no rush, you are treated like a friend, they are on top of things without being on top of you. The menu is not extensive but they prepare everything from scratch and the portion are generous. My coworker asked for a Filet Mignon and she got 3 of them ! Really good, tender, well seasoned, etc.
I have only tried the Loaded Burger (for each dinner). Really good, the tomatoes are amazing. I finished my plate not because I was hungry, because I could not stop eating it !
The prices are really affordable/correct. I'm still here for 2 more days and we might go back. My coworker can't have enough of the sides.
I would recommend to everybody to try it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, VA
“Good Steak Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Had dinner with two business colleagues. We all ordered the recommended macaroni and cheese, filet mignon and asparagus. The steak was cooked med and was very nice and soft. The macaroni and cheese was average. The service was very good. The restaurant had a nice casual atmosphere. Nice paintings for sale hanging on the walls. The owner was very hospitable and friendly. Would like to return and enjoy the small town atmosphere.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nebo, North Carolina
“Do NOT Pass GO”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This restaurant may have at one time been good, but based upon my experience I'm not sure how or when. Someone said that the chef thinks that "if a litte is good, a lot is better" and that in cooking this is not the case. The sauce is way over the top with vinegar. We asked about their speciality and they indicated pork and the pork chops. Two of us ordered the pork chop and opps they only had one. This is on a Saturday evening. Only one and that is a go to dish, heck run to the local grocery store. Some of us then ordered pork loin and it was extemely dry and over cooked complimented with the nuclear vinegar sauce. I have to say the grits were done perfectly. Everything else was less than I could fumble around and do at home on my own. I'm surprised they did not run out of sweet tea. I can't imagine this place being any better under any circumstances. This is a case study in waiting for "Restaurant Impossible".

• Visited August 2012