“Really good food in a family restaurant.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: Mexican
Chardon, Ohio
“Really good food in a family restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stopped on recommendation of Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. The decor was plain but the service was good and the food wonderful. Chef Ernesto has cooked for the rich and famous, including US presidents and foreign royalty. Everything is fresh and delicious. Mexican beers are available to compliment the experience. We'd go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Florida
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I usually do not like Mexican food, my husband loves it. So after reading the reviews I decided it was worth trying Jalapeño Fresh. This is NOT the gloppy cheese covered stuff that makes me dislike Mexican. This is GOOD and fresh. I had the tilapia fajita and it was served sizzling hot and delicious. My husband got a shredded beef chimichanga and rated it the best he has had. The portions were large enough that we each ate half and took home half for tomorrow. We will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Conover, NC
“Best Mexican Food any where!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We first stopped at this restaurant on Mar 7th 2013 after reading the reviews and we found this to be the best Mexican food we have ever eaten. The plates have more than ample servings with the best salsa you will ever eat (not that out of the jar taste- it's fresh). We go to Marion every Thursday and we will be making this our stop every time we are in the area. Try it just once and you will be hooked. The service is also excellent!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marion, North Carolina
“About the best Mexican resturant I have been to.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Fresh made and good selection. My favorites are chili rellenos and fish or shrimp tacos. Have not had a bad meal here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marion, North Carolina
“Excellent Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I can give this restaurant only superlatives in all areas. Every dish I have ever ordered has been outstanding. As a person who tries to eat fairly healthy, I really appreciate all of the fresh veggies used in the dishes. My only complaint is not really a complaint: The portions are so large that I can't eat them all. However, I have a fantastic lunch the next day!

• Visited October 2012