“You get what you pay for.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double HHonors Point
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Marion
Napa CA
“You get what you pay for.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

Stayed here with family last week of May. Staff has the word "no" engraved on their lips and depending on which person is on the front desk you'll get the most unprofessional attitude about everything! (Pray you don't get Amber!). Don't understand the great reviews found here. The hotel is supposed to be non-smoking but your room will reek of smoke because the housekeeping staff walks around the public rooms (lobby, tv area, etc) with cigarettes hanging off their lips - cute. Our linens smelled of smoke too. And, one day had a dirty towel folded up & mixed in with the clean ones they gave us. We were told we couldn't hang a "do not disturb" sign on the door and even if we removed it when we left (8:30am) - we'd get no housekeeping all day. It was too much bother for housekeeping to check back..."they've had budget cuts and only have staff until 12 noon." Clearly they need some hotel staff training. There were countless other little things - I guess I just expected too much. If you don't expect much - maybe you'll be satisfied. I really question the authenticity of the rest of the reviews here. Certainly not the experience we had.

Stayed May 2008
kcebeil, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marion, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
I am very sorry that you had an unpleasant experience at our hotel. I hope you will give us a chance to earn your valuable business again.

Richard Liebeck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2008

This was our third stay at this Hampton Inn. We stay here when we visit our son in Old Fort. This Hotel is a cut above many of the Hamptons that we have stayed at. The staff is friendly and efficient. They decorate the place all year long. Christmas decorations are really very nice. We have always stayed in the Junior Suites and they are roomy with a small frig and microwave. Our granddaughterstays with us so that she can swim in the indoor pool (open until midnight).

• Liked — Friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — Microwave breakfast items
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your kind words. I will share them with my staff.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

The hotel was recommended by the business I was visiting in the area.

The hotel was clean, and had all the amenities of typical Hampton Inn. There were a lot of snacks provided in the afternoon, like cookies and popcorn.

This is a very good hotel for a business traveler with a car since none of the restaurants are within walking distance. There are a few nearby restaurants that deliver to the hotel.

I recommend calling the hotel before heading out to find out the exact location because the map is incorrect. (It will put you about 5 miles off.)

• Liked — Cleanliness and location
  • Disliked — Fitness center quipment was somewhat old
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will share them with my entire staff.

NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

On a recent visit to the mountains, my husband and I were checking on different options for future vacations. We looked at camping cabins and other such options. Then we checked into the Hampton Inn at Marion and found it to be the nicest place! In traveling for his work , he has stayed in many different hotels and inns, and this one surpassed them all. The rate we got was better than that offered online for a room with a king sized bed in a non-smoking room. It was the most comfortable bed we had ever slept on, with very comfortable pillows. The staff was also very helpful. I think anyone would enjoy their stay at this hotel. I might also add that I won't be looking at any more camping options with such luxury so close to so many local attractions.

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Non-smoking whirlpool room unavailabe at the time
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
kcebeil, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marion, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
We really appreciate your kind words and your business.

Have a great night.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

Stayed at the Hampton Inn-Marion while on state business. The hotel staff were very cordial. The hotel has the usual Hampton amenities in their free breakfast and large lobby area. A couple of extras at this hotel include an indoor pool open until midnight and a fitness center open 24 hours. My room looked a bit dated with unfortunate wallpaper, but the furnishings and bed were fine. The room and bathroom seemed very clean. The television had a plentiful 50-60 channels, and the room came with a microwave and refrigerator that I did not expect to have. The hotel sits adjacent to I-40 but is positioned perpendicular to the roadway, so the traffic noise is minimal. There is very little in this immediate area, but a short 3-4 mile drive into the nearby town of Marion will allow you to access grocery stores, Wal-mart, fast food, and some local restaurants. This is actually a very good location for vacationers, since you can get on the Blue Ridge Parkway just about 20 miles north of the hotel and explore some of the highest peaks on the east coast including Mount Mitchell. Lake James is nearby to the east, Black Mountain and Asheville are about 30-40 minutes west, and the Lake Lure-Chimney Rock area is about 30 minutes southwest. For the low price, this hotel offers a very good deal indeed.

• Liked — Great Price
  • Disliked — Doctor's Office Wallpaper
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your kind words. I will share them with my staff.

Whtiesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

This hotel is absolutely beautiful, nice clean room, nice service, friendly people.
I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Liked — everything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your kind words, I will share them with my staff.

mobile, al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

I travel for work all over the country and this was my favorite hotel I have stayed in. The lobby was so beautifully decorated and although I stay at Hampton Inn's all the time this was the only that had a variety of free snacks in the afternoon such as cookies, granola bars, fruit, Cheetos, pretzels, etc.

The master king room (which isn't even that expensive) was so wonderful. A very spacious room and the jacuzzi tub was so nice. It also has a microwave, refrigerator, cabinets, sink, couch, coffee table, other table, and a desk.

I was working 30 miles away and I would have stayed here even I was working 100 miles away!

Stayed February 2008
We are delighted you had an exceptional stay with us. Please visit again real soon.

Richard Liebeck

Been to Hampton Inn Marion? Share your experiences!