“EXCELLENT EATING EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
nc
“EXCELLENT EATING EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Hotel manager recomended Fats cafe to us and we were very pleased, The food was great,the service was outstanding, at a very good price, considering what others charge for alot less food, and when we mentioned that it was our first visit we received a free sample of their awesome calabash chicken, and also one of the best peach cobbler desserts we had ever eaten..I highly recommened Fatz cafe to anyone in the area.. Can't wait until they get a place in our area ....

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

South Carolina, USA
“So..so..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Wait staff very friendly...Food just ok..could have been better..price was reasonable.
Will try again..

Visited October 2012
West Jefferson, North Carolina
“Totally ignored”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We walked in last night. There were very few patrons and no hostess or bartender. After waiting a few minutes, we sat ourselves at a booth in the bar. The bartender walked past us a few times waiting on another table and serving 2 other patrons at the bar. After she passed us a few more times we walked out. We were there at least 15 minutes and no employee of the restaurant spoke to us, including the hostess at the door as we left.

• Visited September 2012
CafeEnterprises, Manager at FATZ, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
At FATZ, we pride ourselves in providing you with a great meal experience, and we're terribly sorry that we let you down. We take your feedback very seriously and will share your experience with the team.
Hickory, North Carolina
“Shrimp and Grits (pricey for what you get)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I decided to try the shrimp and grits entree recently at Fatz. It was at least $11.
The plate arrived with a huge pile of grits and little topping (consisting of shrimp and bacon bits).

Don't misunderstand....the food was DELICIOUS. I would have had a more balanced meal had I chosen the Hawiaan chicken dish or calabash chicken...and for less money.

Otherwise, the service was great!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Spruce Pine, North Carolina, United States
“There's something for everyone at Fatz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have yet to have a bad experience with this restaurant, and I have eaten here repeatedly. I have always found the waitstaff extremely attentive and friendly. I have never been disappointed with my food, even when I was trying something new. What I really like about Fatz is that they serve such a wide variety of foods. They have the best poppy seed rolls and butter I have ever tasted! The mixed drinks are also excellent, to the point that you cannot taste the alcohol, which is a plus to me.

• Visited February 2012