“GOOD PRICE, CLEAN, FRIENDLY STAFF GREAT LOCATION” 4 of 5 stars

Scottish Inn
178 Soco Road Highway 19, Maggie Valley, NC 28751   |
Ranked #23 of 25 hotels in Maggie Valley
Miami, Florida
“GOOD PRICE, CLEAN, FRIENDLY STAFF GREAT LOCATION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

This hotel is a very good deal
The room was very big and clean,
The staff was very friendly.
The complimentary danish and coffee were good..
The location is excellent, minutes away from the Casino, skiing and tubing.
definitely will stay there again.
John and Maggie, from Miami Florida

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Central PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

We stopped for one night at the Scottish Inn in Maggie Valley, NC, as we worked our way from the Great Smoky National Park to the Blue Ridge Parkway. It met our expectations for an inexpensive, clean place, but it is definitely bare-bones. The bathroom was clean, but the sink was tiny with little or no shelf space nearby to put things. The room had a microwave and frig, but no hair dryer or alarm clock. However, there was internet access (not wireless...worked well, though). There's a pool and a good mini-mart next door for gas and munchies. The free breakfast left a little to be desired....coffee, orange juice, and Krispy Kreme donuts.

• Liked — Low price and proximity to Blue Ridge Parkway
  • Disliked — Bathroom was too basic for me!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2005

On January 15, 2005 my husband and I needed a long awaited short vacation. We had traveled all day, taking our time and trying to relax. We came to the Scottish Inn got a room, when we got to the room assigned the door was open and the bed wasn't made, my husband went to the desk and told the clerk she said she didn't know that it was like that. How can someone work at a business and not know what is going on? She said she could give us another room but it would be double beds, he said okay. We went to this room went in and I was so shocked to see such a dirty place. The carpet was filthty, the heat was a very old rusty electric heater in the wall without a control knob, we did get it turned on and it only had one fan speed, low. It was very cold and I knew that it wasn't going to be able to heat up that room. The dresser top was broken and someone tried to glue it back. We decided to not argue with the clerk, so we immediately left the key on the table and left, we decided that we would not even try to get our money back, we stayed in the room maybe 5 minutes but will never stay at a Scottish Inn ever again. I hope that this is not how all the Scottish Inns are, I hope this makes it to the right people so that if this is the only one like this it will be closed or corrected so that everyone will not think that every Scottish Inn is like this, or maybe they are I will never find out, any Inn with the name Scottish will never see me.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2004

I had made reservations in December 2003 for a king room at Scottish Inn Maggie Valley arriving July 3, 2004. I had received a confirmation number and was all set to enjoy the king room. When we arrived at the motel I was told they didn't have any king rooms available even though I had made the reservation more than 6 months prior to arrival, but they did have a double room at the same price and wouldn't charge me any extra. The last time I checked a king room was more than a double. I am not used to sleeping in a double bed so the 2 nights we were there was uncomfortable. The room was dark and dreary with dark brown paneling on the walls. Some of the lights did not work and the chairs and carpet were stained badly. We dreaded going back to the room. There was not adquate towel service and when my husband went to the front desk to get another towel he waited for 45 minutes. I will never stay at this motel again and will never recommend it to anyone.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2004

We recently visited Maggie Valley, NC and stayed at the Scottish Inn. What a mistake!!! We made reservations a week prior to our trip for a non-smoking room with a king bed. When we arrived we were given 2 double beds. When I asked about this we were told that the only room with a king bed was a smoking room. (We chose comfort over odor and took the smoking room.) Being one who enjoys taking a relaxing hot shower both at night and in the morning I was disappointed by the fact that the bathroom not only was without a countertop to sit things on but did not even have a towel rack! The towel rack was located OUTSIDE of the bathroom!! There were only 2 towels on the rack and when my husband went to the office and asked for more, he was questioned "WHY" he needed more towels and all but accused of having more people staying in the room! There was no closet to hang our clothes in, just a free standing rod in the corner of the room. There were only 2 drawers which were so dirty inside I just left most of my folded clothes in the suitcase. When we got home we discovered that a business associate had called trying to get in touch with my husband and was told by a rude desk clerk that we were not staying there and did not have reservations. Because of this my husband lost out on a deal that would have made him a substantial sum of money. What a miserable and expensive trip.... I would not recommend The Scottish Inn to anyone.

Been to Scottish Inn? Share your experiences!