“Decent hotel but rude staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Maggie Valley
South Carolina
“Decent hotel but rude staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

As much as it pains me to rate a Wyndham hotel this low, as a Wyndham Gold member I must. The room itself was spacious and comfortable although nothing extraordinary. We visited the area on business and I reserved two rooms, one for my wife and I and the other for my associates. They arrived about an hour before I did so they went in to check in with their prepaid confirmation in hand. The attendant seemed more interested in ending her shift than actually helping their customer. She informed my associates that they could not check in without my signature regardless of their confirmation. I had called the hotel earlier that morning to confirm the rooms and even had a discussion with the clerk ( I don't know if it was the same one) about my associates checking into the room. She told them that they had to go call me and have me call the desk to confirm that they were authorized to check in without me being physically there. When they walked outside to call me, they saw another employee coming in to work and the other leaving so I guess she didn't want to be bothered with a check in before her shift ended. I called shortly thereafter and the the clerk who had just started her shift told me that there was no problem at all with my associates checking in. All in all, the room and bed was comfortable but I probably would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
COLUMBUS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

At first glance it seems to be barely adequate. However, once inside it becomes astounding. Large rooms, wall mounted LG flat screens. Free wifi, queen size beds. Every comfort of home at incredibly low rates. A definitely will do again in this house.

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

On our way home from a road trip, we decided to stop in Maggie Valley. Wyndham gave us a great deal on a nice suite. Very clean and comfortable. Great location. After a bad experience with Ramada, I would definitely recommend Microtel!

• Stayed August 2013
Land O Lakes
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Hotel is very worn down and needs some help. Beds & rooms are old and uncomfortable. Breakfast area can sit no more 10-12 people. Nothing special about the breakfast and they offer very little. Friday night returned back to the hotel around 11pm to greeted by the smell of cigar's and marijuana. This hotel had alot of biker's stay when we stayed. Secondly, found a pair of woman's underwear underneath the bathroom sink on the pipes. How did housecleaning missed this. All of these items were brought to the Denise's attention (Manager) and nothing was done. Manager offered an apology and stated she didn't know anything about the smell of marijuana. Avoid this hotel and stay somewhere that is more updated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Maggie Valley? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Maggie Valley

Address: 3777 Soco Road, Rt. 19, Maggie Valley, NC 28751
Location: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Smoky Mountains > Maggie Valley
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Maggie Valley 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Maggie Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn & Suites Maggie Valley Hotel Maggie Valley
Microtel Inn And Suites Maggie Valley
Maggie Valley Microtel
Microtel Maggie Valley

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Maggie Valley, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.