“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abbey Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maggie Valley
Abbey Inn Motel
You added Abbey Inn Motel to your Saves list
3375 Soco Road, Maggie Valley, NC 28751   |
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Northern Virginia
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2006

I had planned on staying for 2 days but ended up staying five days. The room was spotless, the beds comfy, and the motel quiet. Do believe what you hear about it being cooler on the mountain; I had to close the windows and turn off the ceiling fan each night so that i wouldn't catch cold in the middle of a summer heatwave so don't worry about there being no A/C there. The motel has great views since it's higher on the mountain than the other places, and you definitely feel like you're staying somewhere special; with the other motels lower in the valley, you wouldn't have known you were somewhere different. This motel is the closest to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the best views of the Smokey Mountains so it makes for a great starting point for all your destinations. The owners were just great, they do make you feel like family. Their suggestions on where to eat and what to do were right on the money. I'll make a return visit every year and can't wait for the fall foliage season!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2006

Abbey Inn was an added bonus on our vacation in the mountains. It was very clean and quiet. The rooms were a bit small but that was not a problem for my husband, son and me. Ladies, there is no extra room for you to set out your toiletries in the bathroom. Again, that was not much of a problem for me. The owners are very nice. They made us feel very at home and had great recommendations on places to see, eat and shop.
The temperature was great - even without air conditioning. The view from the motel is spectacular. My husband and I enjoyed sitting out on one of the swings on the property and enjoying the mountain views. Overall, we had a great stay!

• Liked — the view from the motel
  • Disliked — small bathroom
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Abbey Inn on July 22, 2006 for one night. We found the hotel on the web. It looked nice and was in our budget so we gave it a try. Like the website advertises, the hotel sits on the side of a mountain and has a beautiful view. The owners were friendly and helpful. The room was simple and clean. The room had a queen bed, two rocking chairs, a tv, small refrigerator, coffeemaker, alarm clock and telephone. There was only a shower stall, no tub. The temperature in the room was nice even without an a/c. We kept the windows open to enjoy the fresh mountain air. One downfall was that you could hear the occasional car or motorcycle on the road with the windows open. The hotel is close to shops, restaurants and Harrah's casino (13 miles). Overall, we were satisfied with the hotel. We loved Maggie Valley and hope to go back again soon. We found some nice cabins to bring the whole family back to visit. We ate at Maggie Valley Restaurant and enjoyed a down home lunch.

• Liked — The view.
  • Disliked — The furnishings.
  • Tips/Secrets — Great for one overnight stay while visiting casino.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2005

Ijust went to maggie valley the first weekend in august. I had made reservations at the appey inn but when i got there i wasn't able to stay there because of my father's condition. I looked at the room that i had made reservations for and the room was real nice. The reason I didn't stay was the sleeping accomodations wouldn't be enough for my father. The people that own the place were extremely nice and very helpful and were nice enough to help me find another place for the night.If you are ever in maggie valley and need a place to stay, check the appey inn out. You won't be sorry. erm

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2003

My husband and I stayed at the Abbey Inn Motel for three days in July and really enjoyed our stay there. The room was nice and clean,the bed slept good and you didn't need air conditioner.The grounds at the motel were beautiful with lovely flowers, swings for enjoying the gorgeous view and also picnic area.The mountain view from our room and the motel grounds was beautiful. The innkeepers were very nice people. I would recommend the Abbey Inn to everyone.

Been to Abbey Inn Motel? Share your experiences!