“Bad Service Unacceptable Attitudes” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Smokey View Cottages & RV Resort Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maggie Valley
Smokey View Cottages & RV Resort Park
72 Crider Circle (Highway 19), Maggie Valley, NC 28751   |
Moncks Corner, South Carolina, United States
“Bad Service Unacceptable Attitudes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Bad Service and an extremely bad experience!! The two ladies working here are definitely not on the same page- giving me completely different information. In 2011 I had a cabin booked for February and due to sleet and heavy snow we were unable to make it up to Maggie Valley- I called several days before our reservation and stated that because of weather forecasts I did not think it would be safe to travel- we were told that our $135 deposit would be good for up to a year since we were having to cancel due to weather. I agreed, and when calling at the first of this year to use our deposit we were told it would be no problem- she said she could look it up and see where we had made the deposit and that it was still good to use. We began planning another vacation to Maggie Valley and when I called today I was told that my deposit was no good- when I told her what her other employee and I discussed she acted like I was making the whole story up. Completely rude and unhelpful! Never again will I ever stay at Smokey View Cottages!

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011 via mobile

Yes we brought our dog, and dogs are welcome, but there's a 100 charge if your dog is left alone in the cottage! So you can't go anywhere and enjoy your vacation! We didn't know that we wouldn't be able to leave our dog alone, at home she is fine and just sleeps all the time!
We walked in and all you can smell is this musty nasty smell! Yuck! There's a huge crack under the front door!
I don't recommend this place at all!

• Stayed July 2011
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

We stayed there with our 2 dogs. Unlike most places Smokey View did not charge us a per pet fee and does not limit the number or size of pets. The cabins are reasonably priced, clean and cozy. Each has a kitchenette with everything but the food. Cabins have their own roomy back porch with grill, rocking chairs, access to the creek and pit for making a fire.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

The cottage we stayed in had ?Ants/Termites? Under the back door and a one inch gap under the door. The air conditioning was a joke. The playground had chairs that were falling apart and boards with nails sticking out of them. I will absolutly never go back to this place again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
St. Pete, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2007

There are alot of places to stay in Maggie Valley, but if you want something with a little more room, rent a cabin at the Smoky View Cottages. We were there for a family reunion and had a great time. Our cabin came with a kitchen, full bath, a king-sized bed, indoor Jacuzzi, and rocking chairs.

Mary is a lovely hostess, very accommodating. There's free wi-fi on the grounds, so bring your laptop. This is just a great place to unwind and relax. Sit in your rocking chair overlooking the creek, sip a gin & tonic, and barbeque some food.

• Liked — Having an entire cabin to ourselves, no sharing walls!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Smokey View Cottages & RV Resort Park? Share your experiences!