“Family Weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 26 hotels in Maggie Valley
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Family Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Keep in mind this review is based on what one would expect from this hotel class, not compared to 5-star resorts. My expectation for a hotel in the $125 or less per night is that it is clean, safe, and has a helpful staff. My price for a family of three was $75/night from Orbitz and this hotel met all three requirements.

Check-in:
I was allowed to check-in early at noon, even thought the hotel has a 3:00 PM check-in. The manager at the desk was very friendly and informative.

Room:
Very clean and recently updated with new beds, tv, and spreads. The carpet was in good condition, especially considering the hotel is used often by skiers from the nearby slopes. Everything worked well, and the bathroom was very clean with no mold, etc. The building in the rear is all non-smoking, which is nice.

Breakfast buffet:
Typical continental breakfast buffet with plenty of selections.

Restaurants and Activities:
Close to Chattahoochee ski resort, Tube World, and other attractions. Plenty of nearby restaurants of various price ranges and themes. The sports bar next door has good food and many beers on tap.

Overall:
I would definitely stay here again for a weekend getaway for skiing and playing in the snow. The value for the price was great, and we typically stay in 4-5 star resorts when taking vacations in Florida and Mexico.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
cougar00, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountainbrook Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our team really appreciates your comments about our clean rooms, friendly staff and great stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Newport, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

my husband and myself checked in about 3am.The room was very clean beds very comfortable. My only problem was the heat was off and cold in room and once the room started warming up the walls popped for hours. Other than that very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are sorry you were not fully satisfied with some of the features of our guestrooms. We take your comments very seriously and will be sharing them with our team so we can continue to maintain a high level of service. Looking forward to serving you in the future.

Magnolia, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My riding buddies and I have traveled to the Smokies the last 2 years, for great riding and great views!! We stayed 2 nights here and the service was very good and very friendly staff.They allowed us to park our bikes under the drive through as long as we didn't block it and also had old rags available for cleaning our bikes the next morning!! A lot of places do not cater to bikers!! Sports bar & grill next door is 1 of the best places in town to eat , location is very conveniant also. Will stay here if I ever get back o Maggie Valley again!!

Room Tip: Good location to eat,access the Blueridge Parkway or to stay and see the Motorcycle Musem Wheels of...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We love to hear when our guests enjoy our service and friendly staff! I will be sure to pass the kind comments to our team. Thanks and we look forward to seeing you in the future, hopefully very soon!

Morristown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and i really like this hotel. We have stayed here several times. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the beds are comfortable and the pillows are just right. Not to fluffy and not to flat. Some great restaurants are nearby also. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Upon check-in the person working the front desk was a very young girl. When asked about the area and what was close by she was unable to answer any of our questions and was not very professional

The room was quiet and fairly clean, however all four of us would get terribly stuffed up whenever we were in the room. Not sure if it was dust or mold, but we all had trouble breathing at night.

Also, the sign out front advertises deluxe breakfast. I'd say they use the term 'deluxe' loosely. The breakfast area is terribly small and offers a small variety of muffins, yogurt, and fruit. There was a waffle maker, but I wasn't about to stand in the long line to use it. And the juice machine was out of water.

If you want a real deluxe breakfast, I recommend walking down the street to Joey's Pancake House.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Vineland, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were 3 people and had to ask for 1 extra towel everyday along with coffee and all we got was decafe. I filled out the card so housekeeping would know what we needed for our 3 day stay, but still had to go to the office daily for the towel & coffee. We had to go to the office for soap as soon as we arrived also because there wasn't even 1 little bar. Even when we arrived the woman at the desk never smiled and treated us like we were bothering her a little. The free breakfast was bland and you better be an early riser because they shut it down at 9 am. After realizing I had forgot to pack a razor I was happy to read in the room that they had ammenities for this so I sent my son to the office for a razor. I'm 52 & can't remember the last time I cut myself shaving. I'm home now and still have the scraps & cuts I got from their terrible razor. All in all, I just don't like the place so when we go back to Maggie Valley next year I'll try a different hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate all of your feedback in regards to your recent stay at our Best Western. Your complaints are very upsetting to our team and we have addressed them. First we apologize for the towels and coffee issue and have addressed it with our entire team. We have gone through staff changes at the front desk and apologize for the woman who was not friendly. I also personally apologize for the razor that cut you. We strive to address every problem our guests experience. Rest assured this feedback will be shared with our team that can help us make a difference to ensure all of our guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Lilburn, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were in the back building on the side away from the parking. The room was nice and quiet! We drove part of the Blue Ridge Parkway and saw some of the nearby water falls. The sports grill next door has good food.

Room Tip: Ask for the back building, second floor, on the side away from parking.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Mountainbrook Inn? Share your experiences!