Pros: Recently renovated, separate non-smoking building, free wi-fi, easy access
We were apprehensive about this hotel because of several Tripadvisor reviews but we chose it anyway because it provides breakfast and the promise of a non-smoking building. As suggested by a Tripadvisor reviewer, we requested the non-smoking building and expected the worst. What a pleasant surprise! There was absolutely no hint of cigarette smoke in our room. In fact, a prominent sign warns of a $150 charge if the hotel needs to sanitize the room. The queen beds were excellent, the air-conditioning system was whisper quiet. We experienced no noise from adjoining rooms although in the morning we could hear people talking outside and motorcycles starting. The room was well appointed with a mini-fridge, microwave, and the usual amenities.
Check in and out was efficient and friendly. The cold breakfast offered the usual continental items and also hard boiled eggs and waffles. Breakfast was sufficient but hardly deluxe. The lobby provided a PC for guest use. We used the wi-fi connection, which worked just fine.
The hotel is located on the main highway (NC19) but traffic noise was not an issue in our building because it is set back and behind the main building. Access in and out to the hotel and to the Blue Ridge Parkway was easy.
We recommend this hotel as good value for money in Maggey Valley.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Mountainbrook Hotel
- Best Western Mountainbrook Hotel Maggie Valley
- Best Western Maggie Valley
- Maggie Valley Best Western
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Best Western, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Mountainbrook Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.