“Thanks for another Wonderful stay on our spring break this year!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Holiday Motel

Save Saved
You added A Holiday Motel to your Saves list
A Holiday Motel
3289 Soco Rd., Maggie Valley, NC 28751   |
Ranked #4 of 27 hotels in Maggie Valley
Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Thanks for another Wonderful stay on our spring break this year!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had another wonderful stay at this motel, even woke up to snow and the kids loved it!! Every year the kids want to see snow. This motel has got to be one of the friendliest we have ever stayed at, it is super clean, beds are comfortable, owners are super, and we will be back next year!! So glad we found The Holiday Motel last year!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
AHolidayMotel, Manager at A Holiday Motel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. We are happy you found us and we are looking forward to see you again in the future. Have a great summer! Watch us on FB for special deals in the winter.

"There is only one boss. The customer"

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
JousterWife
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I'm a Choice PM Member and love the traditional hotels, the points, the free breakfasts, etc... but I passed up on a Comfort Inn DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET in order to stay at this family-owned little motel. It's dated by it's architecture, but this motel was top standards when it comes to customer service!

We arrived into the area much earlier than expected, when I walked into the quaint little office, I pressed the button and within minutes, a friendly woman came jogging over from someplace on property with a happy smile and a warm welcome! Being so early, I never really expected to be able to check in and have the room ready, but alas, all was done. I felt like we were guests, not customers, and extended family visiting.

The room had 2 doubles and was just myself, my husband and small toddler. The bathroom was just a shower, no tub, but it had recently been replaced. The bathroom was big, very clean and very well-maintained. You could tell that though it was an older motel, they did a wonderful job keeping it up, maintained and functional. Big sink and and HOT HOT HOT shower! It was wonderful, I didn't want to get out (because it was REALLY cold outside for this Florida native). Towels, faceclothes, clean bathroom... and then all restocked and tidied the next day!

Had a fridge and microwave, small two seater table, older TV, small closet and comfy beds (even my husband said that his back never hurt, where sometimes in other hotels it always hurts). There was a GREAT heater on the wall, that Rob was so friendly to come in and show this Florida family how it worked and ended up sticking around and chatting for another 10 minutes.

We really felt so safe and welcome, no doubt we will be back. No doubt.

Those that are not "bike-enthusiasts", don't believe that this is a stereotypical "biker" motel if you're a family or couple traveling around. The bikers we encountered were the ones that are enjoying the ride, the scenary and the very afforadable accomodations. Not "gangs" :)

We have the luxury of visiting the area often from our home in Florida, even if its just for a few days and I would much rather stay here, at this privately owned place that was literally a family establishment, than pay a corporate chain. We loved it. It was charming. It's older, but the owners really go ABOVE AND BEYOND to make you feel like guests in their extra rooms, versus customers in their standard spaces.

Thank you... we will see you soon!

Room Tip: Go to Walmart and stock up on stacks, because there is a fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AHolidayMotel, Owner at A Holiday Motel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We appreciate your business and thank you for giving the "mom and pop" family owned hotels a chance. Our customers is and always will be the priority. We are looking forward to see you again in the near future.

"There is only one boss. The customer"
Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Just took our motorcycle club to Maggie Vally for a long weekend and stayed here, A 1950s style motel that could not be nicer. Gabbie and Rob are great hosts and live on the property. Directly in the heart of Maggie Valley. If your looking for clean and friendly place to stay at a great price stay here. Pull your bike up to your door and they even provide pails ans towels to clean it up.

Room Tip: If you are riding in on a bike choose rooms 5-15 and you can pull the bike under the overhang.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
AHolidayMotel, Owner at A Holiday Motel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. We appreciate your business very much. We hope to see you in the near future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We were driving through Maggie Valley, and found A Holiday Motel through a 'secret hotel' deal. I have to admit that I wouldn't have chosen it out right, looking at the reviews. However, the place has real character, and although slightly outdated, has clearly been looked after. The staff were friendly and welcoming, and the room was clean (and free WiFi is always a plus). The shower took some time to warm up, presumably since our room was at the end of the row, and the beds were also not the most comfortable. All of this is fairly reflected in the room rate.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AHolidayMotel, Owner at A Holiday Motel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and your visit to our little motel. Thank you for a such kind words, our friendly hospitality is our goal and we enjoy it. It is a surprise to us that the bed was not as comfortable as we would like. All our mattresses are new pillow top mattresses and they are more on the plush side not hard/firm and we had very good feedback from our customers about them. The truth is that some people prefer firm/hard mattress. We will consider have some rooms with hard/firm mattresses in the future. Thank you hope to see you again soon.
Gabi Edwards-Owner
De Pere, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great motel! Owners care a lot about the property! Very friendly and helpful. Beautiful view and area! Very clean rooms, new beds, and quiet. They treat you like you are family! I had no complaints! I definitely will stay at this motel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
AHolidayMotel, Owner at A Holiday Motel, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. We appreciate your nice review and hope to see you in the future. When it warms up we will have our weekly Saturday night camp fires and we can all share some laughs together ;-)
Owners
Robbinsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Wife and I decided at the last minute to stay in Maggie Valley after meeting some friends for dinner. I found the A Holiday Motel on Tripadvisor and read the reviews. Called and made reservation for one night at $39 for a king room. Room was very clean and comfortable. Perfect for our stay. Front desk was extremely friendly. Check in/out was a breeze. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to my friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AHolidayMotel, Owner at A Holiday Motel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our little motel. We really appreciate your business and we are looking forward to see you again in the future. Rob & Gabi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The first time I stayed at the motel, I was caught in the rain on my motorcycle. They checked in my party and I quickly and made sure we had what we needed. They allowed us to pull our bikes up on the porch and gave us rags to wipe them down with. The following year a friend and I went back and stayed a whole week. The owner showed us on a map some great roads and sights to see while on our motorcycles. He said "If you get lost call me and I will tell you where to go and if you break down call and I will come get you." Because of the incredible service and hospitality, my friends, family, and I continue to go back yearly and consider the owners Rob and Gabi to be friends. The surrounding scenery is also breathtaking.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. Our friendly hospitality is one of he most important thing in our business. We are looking forward to see you in the future and welcome you with a smile on our face again! Thank you Rob & Gabi

Been to A Holiday Motel? Share your experiences!